Meet Noodle Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is absolutely precious, thanks for putting the pictures on, it helps us to see the whole picture and to love her even more.
default_wub.png

Thanks for asking! Noodle is doing a little bit better today. Yesterday she was pretty much completely unresponsive, no matter what I did to her (feeding, shot, moving her) but today she is doing some stretching, moving her head around, and she even briefly lifted her head! She's also kind of "peeking" out at me through a half-closed eye as go about things.
default_wub.png
I've got a more comprehensive update on the "weak foal" thread, but it was done earlier today.

I started moving her legs (I almost said "arms and legs" lol) as kind of a physical therapy. I know next to nothing about it, but I know that it's done for those who are bed-bound, and well, she is.
default_smile.png
I move her from one side to the other each time I feed her, trying to keep her propped up on her sternum as possible, and she's on a very deep bed of straw. Her temp came up to normal today, which makes me very pleased; I even turned off the heater and haating pad so she wouldn't overheat, and her mouth doesn't feel cold inside for the first time ever. Yay! I'm looking for even the tiniest victory here, since it could possibly be a long time still before she walks or nurses.

Treasure is still bonded to her baby, she stands at the edge of the straw bale "crib" and watches over Noodle. I even caught her on camera with her front legs inside of the straw bales!
default_new_shocked.gif
I don't know how she did it, but she was just standing there, wanted to be closer to her baby I guess.

So there you have it, a slice of life of the neonatal unit of one.
default_wink.png
I thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts, this little girl has a LONG way to go and it really helps me keep going knowing that we have so much support. I'll kiss little Noodle babe at least once for each of you!
default_wub.png

So glad to see pictures and hear she is hanging in there! Hope you are able to close your eyes now and then
default_smile.png
, I know it's exhausting getting a newborn through a crisis but looks like you are doing a magnificent job!

Jan

I am so glad to read Noodle is improving!
default_aktion033.gif

Keep up the good work nurse Lori and Noodle is in my prayers.
default_smile.png

I'm happy for the update too, it makes me feel like I'm right their with you. I so hope she makes it, she has to know she is loved.

She is darling, Lori :)

I SO hope she makes it for you!

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back