Meet Noodle Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
First pic, she is newborn and still wet.
default_wub.png
NoodleTreasuresfillynewborn008-1.jpg

Here she is today, about 15 hours old

NoodleTreasuresfillynewborn014.jpg

This shows her darling tippy ears

NoodleTreasuresfillynewborn018.jpg

And when the vet was done with her, you can't see the feeding tube; she's on the heating pad and Treasure is making sure her baby is ok. Such a GOOD mama, and this is her very first one. I didn't tell Treasure that she should have cooked the baby longer, no need to hurt her feelings, right?
default_laugh.png

NoodleTreasuresfillynewborn022.jpg

Noodle has two bright blue eyes, and her pinto markings seem to show up better in the pics than they do in person. Her dam is a golden palomino, her sire is a cremello pinto. I've got three other palomino pintos this year so far, and she looks much lighter than they do. Usually the bright blue eyes would be the clincher, but my red roan mare's palomino pinto filly born two weeks ago has bright blue eyes too, and that one is NOT a double dilute. I've never foaled out a double dilute before, so no experience with newborn cremellos.

If you are wondering why I'm calling her "Noodle", see the thread "Uh Oh, an early foal". Lots of work cut out for me to keep this one going, and speaking of, it's feeding time again!
default_smile.png
Thanks for looking!

She looks very cute... I really hope that she pulls through for you.

She is so pretty and I do think she's also a double dilute!!! Now that I can put a "face to the name", we're pulling for her even stronger!!!

There she is!
default_wub.png

I know she may not be but she sure looks like a palomino pinto. She looks exactly like my palo pinto mare Goldie when she was born! She got cream from her dad but do palominos always throw cream? (I know they don't) Any chance Treasure threw sorrel to her filly and he put cream on that to make the baby palomino? What about the blue eyes? Any Splash involved?

I'm just wondering!
default_laugh.png

She's lovely Lori!!!
default_wub.png

oh, shes cute... I also think double dilute, but I had a palomino pinto filly that was born here a few years ago that had pink skin and somewhat blue eyes at birth, but within a few days her pink skin turned black and her eyes got really dark as a palominos do. Her eyes were not bright blue like a double dilute though...

She looks so snuggled in on the heating pad. I think she may be a double dilute the palominos I have had born here tend to look a bit more peachy.

Awwww.....she is adorable!! I have no experience with double dilutes, so no help with the color, tho!
default_wub.png

I don't know what color she is, but sure looks like double dilute. Thoughts and prayers continuing for that adorable little bundle. What a wonderful mom Treasure is being.

Hope you can get a little rest.

Barbie

What a sweetpea!
default_wub.png
She's going to be breathtaking when she's stronger, but right now I just want to pick her up and cuddle her. Keep us updated please!

She is adorable, Please keep us updated on her, and we will continue to pray for her here!
default_wub.png

Magic we had one of these "noodles" as you call them many years ago. It took us 2-3 days, but with the feeding tube (a blessing) we were able to get enough food in him for him to turn around and make it.

The dam did get anoyed for a while when I was always stealing her milk though!
default_rolleyes.gif

We were able to give him a margarine container and tilt it into a V and feed him that way after a while. One night when I was truly punch drunk I went it to their stall and started getting milk from the dam, when the foal pushed me out of the way and was nursing on his own.

It is priceless moments like those that make you feel extremly happy.
default_smile.png

So glad to see a picture of the "Noodle"!
default_wub.png
She's really precious!
default_smile.png
You're taking such good care of her. I'm keeping your sweet little girl in my prayers!
default_pray.gif
:pray

To me her color looks double delute. I've never had a double delute mini, but my mom has a double delute mustang, the eye colors may vary, I really don't know, but mom's cremello mare has pale blue eyes, not bright blue, my paint has bright blue.

Latest posts

Back