Meet my new horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
There is a new boy in my barn. He will be my main show horse this year, doing all-around at the Pinto shows. Meet Scott Creek Monarchs A Patch E, aka Patch.

ApatcheRtSt2010.jpg

He is a 36" 2005 gelding by Sierra Dawn Unos Monarch. He is a bit "fluffy" in more ways than one! He is in the barn now, on a diet and will be starting his workout routine very soon. I will be really looking forward to the big "unveiling" this spring when I get to clip him! A big thanks to Joanne Ross for allowing me to enjoy another one of her horses!

Elvis will still be coming to some of the shows with us, but I am bringing him along slowly in driving and don't think he will be ready to show till much later in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATS!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm a big fan of the Monarch sons and daughters.

Congrats! He is pretty...and definitely has the Monarch head! (Monarch is one of my VERY fave stallions
default_wub.png
)

Good luck with him!
default_yes.gif

Congrats!

Is "Elvis" the black and white horse in your avatar? Love Me Tender in his pedigree, right (IIRC)? How is he coming along (maturing)?

Myrna-I just got back from driving Patch for the first time. He did ok. Was a little buckie at first, but worked that out of him. He is a bit short strided and doesn't use his back end well, although he felt elevated in the front. Probably was hollow in the back. Observers said he looked like he was going up hill. Had a loose side check on him so no pressure from that. He is ambivolent to the whip, which I am not used to! Will get some miles on him and see if I can't get him to start using that hind end better and be more responsive. Obstacle driving might be interesting.

Annabellarose-Elvis is the black and white and yes, he is a gson of Love Me Tender. He is coming three and has been a beauty since he was born. Has never gone through the gangly yearling or twos. I am finding that he is slow to mature in his power. I have started driving him and he needs to delelope lots more muscle in his hip. I have no doubt he will, but have backed off on my expectations of showing him this year in driving. I drove him today and he does really well and has accepted the cart and moves right out, but he needs many miles to build up that hip.

Of course it is cold wet winter here so have to haul out to an indoor arena to drive, so they don't get worked much at all right now. Spring's coming! First schooling show in Feb 12...might be a little soon! hahaha It was just so wonderful to get out there with my boys today and feel the lines in my hands. It healed some frazzled wires inside of me! I'm feeling much better now!!!

Glad you finally got to try him out in the cart! Can't wait to see him in person! I enjoyed our bit of sunshine yesterday also...now it's back to rain, rain, rain.
default_sad.png

Very nice, Diane, I love the Scott Creek horses! I guess I will be seeing the two of you this summer. :D

Congratulations on your new horse Diane, and on getting back on the box seat! I got to do some driving in CA this weekend and was reminded how fun it is. Wish I could drive my own boys but it is just too nasty up here!
default_no.gif
Gonna have to wait until spring for any real work.

Leia

Latest posts

Back