Meet my new addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
So today was a bitter sweat day. My last 08 foal left, and hopefully things will calm down some. I could never get mom to totally wean her but now that she is gone hopefully it will go faster. Anyway, they wanted a buddy to go with her. I didnt really plan on getting rid of this one yet, I wanted to break him to ride first but the only other horses I had was bred mares and they didnt want to go there. So I decided to part with one of the ponies. Which, I wish I could of got him broke first, but hes got a good home, and him and I didnt really click well anyway. That said, I now only have 3 more minis left to sell, then I will be down to the 3 I decided to keep. But know that saying sell one add another..........

Well I didnt buy him. THe lady was looking for a retirement home for him. She was boarding him and the person of the barn wouldnt feed him on a regular basis and she didnt have the ability to get out there every day. SO she was giving him away, or he would be put down. So I opted to give the guy a retirement home. HE is not ridable which is ok, due to him haveing an injury to the back and he occasionally looses some control over his back legs(you can see the bump on his back). HE is old at 27 and in need of some weight but I think he will do just fine here. He will be comeing on Friday. HE will live out his days here how ever long or short it maybe.

So here he is............. This pic was taken in Sept. so you can see he needs to gain some weight. He has gained some but needs more.

palominogelding.jpg

What a beautiful boy. He's lucky to have you to take him in.

I am going to go see him hopefully today. He will be here friday. I hopefully wont have to much of a problem getting him to put weight on. When he was getting fed, he was getting normal amounts for a big horse and put the weight on no problem.

My plans of now are to bring him in at night to feed in the barn with my other old guy until he gets up to good weight then he can hopefully eat with the rest.

Good luck with him!

He really is a pretty horse.
default_smile.png

Liz

Beautiful guy you have there! Thanks for giving him his retirement home. Keep us posted with his progress...

Kudos to you for giving him that retirement home!! He looks gorgeous..love those palominos!

I just went through with finding my old gelding a nice retirement home...it was a lot of hard work find the "perfect" home, and I hope the family I chose works out for the long run!

Went and seen him tonight. He does need a few hundred pounds. I felt so bad for him as you could tell he was so hungry. He ate up all the treats I had with out a problem. He is very active and spunky for a 27 year old. The lady that owns him was still winning on barrels with him 2 years ago.

The other horses there that are owned by the guy are a bit skinny as well. The only good looking ones are the ones that are also boarded there but the owner is a big time trainer that is out there everyday.

His stomech was rumbling he was so hungry. The owner of the barn only gives the horses one flake a hay each, each feeding. There were three in that area.

He will be home friday night and he will have a warm stall waiting.

he is a handsome guy. Thank you for having a big heart and taking him in. His life will be so much better now because of you.

Back