meet "jackson"!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
this handsome fella was turned in to kansas city rescue a few weeks ago. his drug-addicted owner kicked him outside in the cold where he stayed for a month. the idiot took him to the shelter because "all he did was whine to come in the house". ugh!!

he will be arriving here on thursday. he's 4 years old and i'm told he gets along great with all of the other dogs, including a dane, and he is a big ole lazy couch potato. not the best pics as he had just come home from being neutered and having a broken tooth removed so he was still a bit wobbly from the sedation.

can't wait to get my hands on him and some good food in his tummy. he needs to gain about 20#!

Jackson1_zps2a8d9c7a.jpg

Jackson2_zpse5a3a6a8.jpg

i will be back up to 3 giant dogs in the house. :O

Oh poor baby! I can't wait to see him after you've had him for a spell. I don't get some people....wonder how they would feel thrown out to live in the cold. Wonder if they would whine to get back inside where its warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of him once he's back home with you!

Liz N.

What a beautiful dog. I bet he is one happy boy!

OMG he is a handsome dog with beautiful markings!!! I think it is wonderful that you are giving him a forever home!! I wish you the best with him!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

He is gorgeous! I really like Danes, they are not the dog for everyone, but they really are great dogs.

A friend of mine owns two. She bred their female once, then spayed and kept a pup. 'Mega is 36" at his shoulder at 1.5 yrs. and already a monster compared to Mom.

I like his name too! I own a "Jaxson", long hair Dachshund. :)

Wow!! He sure is handsome!!

I know nothing about Great Danes, personality, temperment, ect.. but if I knew he was in my area looking for a home, I'd have alot of research and "hubby begging" to do!! LOL!
default_please.gif
LOL!!

Good luck with him and congratulations!

thanks, everybody! i talked to his foster mom over the weekend. apparently, he is very much a "pack" animal. he does not like to be separated from the other dogs and voices his opinion by tearing up the blinds and trying to eat the window sill.
default_doh.gif
she said the next time she left him alone, she left him with the other dogs and he slept on the couch for 8 hours. LOL! being a couch potatoe, he'll fit right in here. my girlfriend who will be bringing him to me on thursday is picking him up today. she will keep him for a few days, give him a bath, and undoubtedly spoil him rotten.

michelle is right, danes aren't for everybody. too many people buy a cute dane puppy and by the time it's a year old, they are pulling out their hair by the handful and wondering how in the world they are gonna deal with a 100# out of control puppy. rescues are full of danes bought by people who didn't have a clue. just imagine, everything you experience with a smaller breed puppy is magnified 100 times with a dane. smaller breed pups will chew a hole in your leather sofa. a dane pup will consume the whole thing!!
default_laugh.png

Some people are idiots! I'm so glad you are getting him!! Congratulations.
default_smile.png

he's making himself right at home at cara's. she says he's just a dream dog, very sweet, loves her other 2 danes and is a huge leaner. just 2 more days and i'll get to love on 'im!! **happy dance**

JACKSON_zpsd865ace9.jpg

Ohh, I'll have to try to schedule a visit when I'm out your way again...just to see the big guys! :D

He looks like an awesome boy...and wow, I just can't get enough of his colouring!

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back