Maybe It's Me?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacie

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But today I was at a show. I left the main arena to go fix my horse in the covered arena. It was less crowded and well, covered. Well my instructor comes up and tells me - we'll call her HAG - comes up and started yelling at my mom. Well, mom yelled back. I was confused and eventually mom came to the covered arena, so I ask her what happened. Supposedly HAG heard a 'rumor' that we were saying her barn is infected with diseases. Had I been there, I would have agreed - Ignorance is the worst of all diseases >8D Eitherway, Hag was like "OH so you didn't say that?! Well you need to keep your mouth shut!" (what's she gonna do, sue for hear say?!) And mom told her to "Kiss my -3 letters, associated with DONKEY-" Well, Hag is all talk and no action and rides off on her horse running her mouth. Now, we don't talk about their barn. At all. We left over a year ago, and we aren't the first and we're not the last. It's funny how she said it AFTER I left. She knows I would royally knock her out, given the chance. That's okay. She rides like a monkey and she's been riding ALOT longer than I have. Supposedly.

I'm just really sick and tired of the people in pleasant little northwest indiana. They act so nice towards one another, and then malicously stab their BFF in the back. For the record, I HAAAATED high school, and it's following me EVERYWHERE!

At the moment, I am seriously considering just selling off everything show related. I've worked hard to get where I'm at and I still have ground to make up - but, I'm just so sick and tired of this concentrated group of idiots. Then again, these are QH folks. I can talk to the arab people, the POA people, the other paint people (and even sometimes the SADDLEBRED people XD) and they're nice. Unfortunately these particular stereotypes outweigh them by far. I've got the mind to go back to speed events. I tried it this fall and became really awakened. They aren't like pleasure folk at ALL. They'll talk to you, they're alot nicer and there's not any cliques that I saw.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting burned out because of people like Hag.

Oh no, not just you....and NOT just in horses.

I have had a few not good run-ins with a fellow dog breeder here. I had been warned about them by other breeders, and I thought, ok I know 'their' problems with so-and-so, but I don't want to make enemies so I'll be friendly. I have found out that this person is always the first to bash other breeders for this, that and the next thing. Well they've seen all one breeder's dogs with hip displaysia (funny that one of my dogs comes from that kennel and doesn't have HD-neither does her sire who I now have as well), or another breeder's dogs all have back issues....and on and on. They are also quick to sue....I had heard about this, and found out very recently that it is true. Scared me away from them, and I won't have any business dealings with them now, but that is beside the point. A few shows ago, I was being friendly to them, and we were discussing a couple of my dogs....I know where the faults lie in my guys and I'm working on improving that. Anyway, next show I got my butt handed to me on a platter....I didn't agree with all of the judging, but hey, that's showing. They didn't agree with how things went either and were quite honest in telling me that I should have taken points at least one of the days. Whatever, seems to be a regular occurrence with me this year....soo close, yet sooo far away!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Then the next show, I was friendly the first day (as I always try to be), then the second day I am standing ringside with 2 of my dogs. I overhear something that I wished I hadn't overheard.....they're bashing my dogs to somebody who they are trying to sell one of THEIR puppies to....but what they are telling the person is absolutely FALSE. I was fuming about it (of course I heard this BEFORE I went in the ring)....but because they have been breeding for 'x' number of years, they MUST know more than I do....*sigh* and I'm not saying they aren't educated about the breed, but they do not look outside of their own box....and their box is pretty tiny

yes, it does get on my nerves....everyone talks about how people in my breed are soo friendly...well, yes, for the most part we are...but there will ALWAYS be people like that in EVERYTHING. Not saying it's easy to deal with them....everyone keeps telling me to let it roll off my shoulders....but boy, some days it is pretty hard to do that.

~kathryn

Whew, atleast I'm not just crazy
default_wacko.png
It's so frustrating, and blech. I just get really tired of it.

I don't know.. Maybe I should just work on training Rizer for halter and whatnot. Maybe just show the bejeezus out of him so when he's a yearling and maybe has some competition he'll be two steps ahead.

Oh my gosh, I just can't stop laughing...in fact tears are streaming down my cheeks...Don't get me wonrg - not because you're frustrated but my gosh girl you should wrote a book. The way you put things is just way too funny hahahahahha. I do feel for you but the way you write has me in stitches.

I dont have a "barn " anymore ....as much as I miss having some poeple to roll ideas off of ...I dont miss the drama. I opened my big mouth once and congradulated someone for buying a barn and throwing out the old manager....all with good intentions, only she didnt throw out the manager, the manager was her new friend.
default_shutup.gif

This woman nearly chased me out of my own town for saying that... OOPS

Horse people are super sensitive , strong minded oppinionated, wonderful people . Either they love you or hate you. When someone confronts you with such harshness , it makes your heart sink. Sorry you are dealing with a super sensitive horse " freak"., you have my sympathy. Carry on ... look the other way.

Sheep breeders are no better.

I miss breeding my sheep, ducks, chickens and so on. But I have to say I don't miss dealing with the general public. Don't get me wrong I have met some very nice people over the years.. but all the bad ones sadly over shadow that.

Or when I sold my Fjord and Blk Ice mare .... most of the people were loons.
default_wacko.png

Is why I like the Icelandic horse crowd... so far we have had none of the going ons at the shows, I have seen in other animal breeds I have dealt with.

Your not alone. Theres people like that in every sport or showring. When I show Llamas, theres people like that, We know a lot of them, and most are pretty nice, but theres some, OY, so annoying, their so stuck up and big headed and they dont seem to like us 4-H kids to much, luckily we only see that princess once a year
default_laugh.png
Oooohhh, sorry for getting off topic, but just ignore them if you can, and try some other breed or showing event if ylou want to or can.

Dan

Whenever I try to come off as frustrated, and write about it, it seems to make people laugh. I don't know why, I guess it's just the way my mind works! Atleast someones getting some entertainment out of it I guess! ^__^

All of these snobs I've run into, have believe it or not - been at TIIIINY little local shows. They own the big rigs, the expensive clothes, are always under a trainer - but they never get any farther than the local shows. Uhm, sorry, if you're all big and bad, why don't you hit congress or somewhere that counts? That evil flying monkey will get hers if she wants to keep on. I dare her to keep on with her high horse attitude. skdjflksjf. I's still frustrated and attending the speed show today and having everyone tell me I needed to start running again isn't really helping me keep on the pleasure path XD

Did you ask who told them you said that? I bet you get the same answer I get, "someone". That elusive "someone" sure causes alot of trouble for people. But it always seems that "someone" doesn't have a name, or at least not one that can be spoken in public. But "someone" always knows whats going on everywhere with everyone.

Don't get out of what you love because of "someone". Get better and beat them at their own game, thats the way to put them in their place.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you. And if you really want to get to them, just laugh at them. Don't say a word, just laugh. I have found that "someone" can't stand that LOL.

Supposedly coming from Hag, it "Doesn't matter who said it." WHEN IT DOES MATTER BECAUSE CHANCES ARE WE DONT TALK TO THEM! Because we'd rather not associate with her little ragdoll hillbillie big time show folk.

We don't talk to alot of people >_o Can't imagine why!!1

If the person who "said it" doesn't matter even to HAG then why would she believe it. I am so sick of people hearing things from others, but don't have the guts to say who is doing the talking. I think its usually someone who is jealous of you and what you have accomplished that is doing the talking, so take it as a compliment.

Well said trainer said Cowboy would be 'fine' and he'd take him under training. Said trainers hag complimented on how Cowboy jumped over a pole while she was longing him, and how he'd make a cute hunter hack horse, and then said trainer said Cowboy wasn't going to be anything and I should sell him and blah blah blah. Conveniently enough, Pinto shows popped up on their calendar after trainer said this. They got rather cruddy when I wouldn't sell him (and when he finished 3rd in a class of 22) - so me thinks Hag is p.o.'ed because she didn't get what she wanted... and that I could actually train Cowboy to jump without spurring the bejeezus out of him like she did her horse. I wonder if she's ever heard of ground poles and cavalettis. -rolls eyes- So yes, I think she's jealous that she can't find a horse who will put up with her horrible riding and handling that she wants that someone will sell.

I don't know, but it's not my fault she's a bitter, jealous witch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Competition can make even the nicest people snooty. I was involved with the hunter/jumper scene for so many years while my daughter was growing up and once your horse out performs theirs- people can get very mean.

I am boarding a couple of horses in a barn now where everyone is so friendly and helpful. I don't compete with anyone and so I am no threat. My daughter has discovered polocrosse and absolutely loves playing. She wishes that she played polocrosse growing up rather than competing because everyone is so helpful and nice. Even the teams that she plays against are really friendly to her.

We deal with this alot. My trainer gets bad mouthed every time she shows up to a show, whether its rated or local. Crystal is a great trainer and a proven winner. I thought she was joking that people hate her when she shows up, but it was shockingly true. She works mostly with QHs but has been nice enough to work with Jay and I. I think she's liking the mini stuff.

Latest posts

Back