Massage article on Mini Website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyMinis

Reaction score
Years ago, one of the miniature horse breeders had an article on their website about massage and stretches for minis. It mentioned a pressure point that could be used to calm a fractious horse. I was hoping to find the original article to use as a reference. Does anyone remember the article or the website?

Hopefully someone will remember where the article is!!!

But I have to say, it's good to see you back, Cindy!!!

party.gif

Hi Jill!! Still around. I still have my little dun Buckaroo bred stallion but he is the last remaining mini. He is pretty much retired except for an occasional drive for the grand chilluns.

It's good to see you too!!

Didn't see the article you referred to, but an equine massage therapist showed me something recently that she said works - there is a nerve/nerve bundle that runs from poll to tail just on the sides of the spine. You lift the tail and put a small bit of pressure on either side and just underneath the tail. One side or the other may feel tighter - maintain a light pressure there on that side for a minute or so, may be longer - should relax them.

Jan

Thanks, Jan! I will keep that in mind. This was a point on their head under their ear. It works great to keep a horse calm for shoeing, trimming, shots, etc. If I remember correctly it was a breeder on the west coast and might have done 4-H. It's been such a long time ago that I can't remember which breeder or what state.

Latest posts

Back