Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Welsh or a Donkey
default_new_rofl.gif

Not a Paint, but it is for riding
default_xkngt.gif

It's an OLD breed but it's not an Arab.

It's between 13 and 14hh but is not considered a pony, especially not in it's county of origin.

The breed has all colours except overo and spots. Mine is a blue dun.

You can tell I REALLY want to tell! I don't think I've ever said so many hints in one go!
default_new_rofl.gif

WAAAAY older
default_wink.png

Not an Australian or American breed as the European settlement of both countries happened well after this breed began.

I think that's what's confusing. The little bit of a picture she showed us doesn't look like heavy horse to me -- even looks to have some refinement!

I give up!

Ok let to the game, I have been off for awhile. Miss you all heaps!

I did bring my hat, had to dig it out of my hat closet ;)

All the mares look fantastic, I love every single one of them!!!

And I know what the new chip is!!!!! An icelandic?????

crazy-hats.jpg

Meet Magni

IMG_6804.jpg

Magni is a blue dun Icelandic gelding, he turns 7 this year so he is still a baby in Icelandic years.

The Icelandic horses were brought to Iceland by the Norse/Viking settlers in the 9th century and have remained unchanged since then making them a truly ancient breed. They are a gaited breed with the Tolt and some have the Flying Pace.

IMG_6825.jpgIMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

Hard life it is
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif

I was tempted to just show the first photo and try and convince everyone he was a mini. The Iceys really are a lot like "big minis"! Great hairy coats, thick manes, wonderful natures! Always said I wish I could just upsize the minis to have my perfect riding horse so I just went looking for the breed that had their best traits
default_firstprize.gif

Everything about Magni is fun. I'm a nervy rider and he has been out of work but I just climbed on and off we went, I even laughed when we went cantering! He makes me feel brave
default_thumbup.gif

It'll be a few months at least, he'll be staying at the stud for most of winter and I'll be going down to ride him as much as possible. But it means we'll have each other figured out before we step out from under the care of his breeders and trainers.

oh Bree that is so exciting! he looks wonderful such a doll baby I'm sure!

stop posting pics and statuses of you riding on here and FB lol I'm longing to get on Smartie!!!!!!!
default_crybaby.gif

is he far away from you Bree? I bet you must be there as much as possible
default_smile.png

Other side of the state unfortunately! So will be less visits then I'd like. I'll have to try and increase my riding lessons to help me survive
default_wink.png

How come you aren't up on Smartie at the moment? Sorry if you've said, my brain answers every question with "Magni!" at the moment so I have no idea what is going on with anything
default_new_rofl.gif

wow Bree he is adorable
default_smile.png
You will have loads of fun on him
default_yes.gif
I had a Haflinger as my riding horse and she was amazing, I love the riding ponies cos you don't have far to fall
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh he is just gorgeous Bree, they are fabulous ponies and I'm sure he will be just perfect for you. Many congrats!!

Thanks guys!

I can't wait to be back on him again, I can't wait to work on our tolt, I can't wait to trail ride him for the first time. So much to look forward to! He'll certainly keep me busy while we wait for the mares to get bigger
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back