Marketing Blurb

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister is taking a publishing course at a local university. Their assignment next week is to bring a book published within the last 25 years and the blurb will be discussed. This week they did an exercise in which they guessed at the ranking order of 10 kinds of writing, which was easiest to sell & most lucrative, and the number 1 was - blogs! Number 2 was genre fiction.

How influential is the blurb inside the jacket or on the back of a book? We look at the cover illustration, then read the blurb, and then...

It's the blurb that sells me. I am firstly attracted to the cover, but even if I absolutely love a cover, if the blurb doesn't attract me, then I put the book back. It doesn't matter who I know that has read it, or how good they tell me it is, if the synopsis doesn't call to me then I won't touch the book.

That's a really interesting topic for class discussion.

I always read what is inside the jacket. That's how I decide if I want to read the book.

Latest posts

Back