Mark the announcer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeFleurPeek

Reaction score
I am at Nationals for the very first time and I just wanted to convey the respect and admiration that I have for the announcer, Mark. I find it amazing how this gentleman can work sometimes 16, 17, 18 hours straight with very few breaks and still be very much on the mark at 1, 2, 3 a.m. The next day in the latter classes. He announces accurately with the right amount of flair and humor, when appropriate. I just wanted to say that I feel we are very lucky to have him and I can't imagine anyone doing it better!

Mark is an amazing person! Very funny and definately one of the nicest guy you will ever meet! If you get the chance, do introduce yourself to him
default_smile.png

Erin

I agree, I have been at a few shows where Mark was announcing, including a few Nationals and he is great. I dont know how he does it either but that guy has dedication that's for sure!!
default_aktion033.gif

Mark is amazing!
default_wub.png
All of us up here in the NW are so very lucky to have him at all our shows!
default_wub.png

Yes he is great and I just watch them off the computer.

The only thing I would like to hear is what class they are doing more often.

He is amazing, I enjoy his announcing...I think AMHA is using him for the World show this year so that will be an improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

He also has GREAT taste in music
default_smile.png

I'm glad to see that he is taking a break this evening...sometimes you just need some time to get some sleep!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A horse show is simply NOT the same without Mark. It's great to see such talent, humor and generosity rewarded with such success. (And he appreciates my warped sense of humor...) We in the NW like to think of him as "ours," even though nowadays his acclaim is national and worldwide.

Is there is anyone more well-known throughout the mini world than Mark?

...and don't forget his "better half," Sharon, who plays a huge role in the success of the shows she stewards. They are both amazing people.

Mark is the best horse show announcer I've ever heard. So excited to hear he is doing the AMHA World Show.
default_aktion033.gif

I am lucky enough to be one of the kids to have grown up having Mark do all the announcing at all the shows I've been to. He is like my horse show "dad" and it is certainly very odd not hearing Mark announce my horse and my name at the shows. My horses got used to listening to his voice and when he wasn't at a show, they would get confused. He certainly is a blessing to have in the northwest.

Amanda

I too am at my first Nationals and I agree Mark is the best. Last year I watched on the internet and he made me feel like I was actually there and now I am
default_biggrin.png
He is the best I have ever heard and I used to travel the showjumping circuit in England and Ireland and never heard a better announcer.

Yvonne

I don't know Mark or his work, but I do know that the least honored people at horse shows tend to be the ones behind the scenes- great announcers and great ring crew make a good show an awesome one! Not just for the competitors either, a great announcer makes the show fun for spectators and helps keeps them entertained between classes and a great ring crew keeps that time between classes to a minimum!

Double ditto on everything said thus far.

We were fortunate enough to get Mark and Sharon for our Area VI National show over the 4th of July weekend this past summer. Mark's announcing was stellar and Sharon was the best Keeper of the Gate that I've ever witnessed. We were so happy to have them and they helped make the entire show successful and a heckuva lot of fun.

Kudos to both!!!

PS Mark, I hope you haven't forgotten about adding a little song to your library from Louis Armstrong........

Mary

Latest posts

Back