Mares do what Mares do - 22 of them!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorrie & Frank

Reaction score
OMG :new_shocked: - You all know we have been working so hard at selling all of the MarJac Miniatures because Margie's health is not bouncing back the way we had all hoped. :no: We were able to find a young man to hire to help take care of the horses in just the last few months - he's is terrific and the horses all love him. So we are rocking along all
default_smile.png
until two nights ago. My daughter came home after finals to finish some clipping and she came out to our barn to help feed our little group of horses we are able to keep - (remember Hercules the hard working anatolian's little herd) - one mare just has not lost weight and looked like she had pones swelling in front of her nipples - and you know what we got - pre-milk fluid :eek: oh dear - she had been at Margies until a couple of months ago - so had the other three mares - well you know what we found on two of them! 3 out of 4 are due in the next few months :new_shocked:

We jumped in the truck the next morning and raced to Margie's :xbud: We begin checking the mares and
default_frusty.gif
: all 10 senior mares are either out right bagging and/or squirting milk. All 6 maiden mares
default_shutup.gif
: have pones - Fortunately none of the yearling girls have any signs of
default_cheekkiss.gif
:. It couldn't have been the weanling/yearling boys because they would have been three or four months old at the time - not going to happen.

Margie remembered that during Rita - the fence between one of the stallions
default_whistling.gif
: and the mares' pasture had gone down for at most twelve hours and could it have been then? 22 mares in 12 hours? No Way!
default_sad.png
So we went over and had a talk with Booger - MarJacs Dressed to Impress :flirt: He is one happy guy :488: All we can figure is that for some number of weeks the fence was weak enough to let him
default_wub.png
: as the mares cycled and he just took care of the bunch!
default_firstprize.gif
: We thought we had no :517: coming at all and even offered to breed them as a part of the price! Now we have to manage the whole entire whopping lot of them delivering in the next two months!
default_frusty.gif
: If he weren't such a gorgeous little stud i'd :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Mares will be mares!

Here he is:

DSC00575.JPG

b1.jpg

We're not sure if we should be laughing or crying!
default_giveup.gif
:

Don't you just love those accidental foals? (Well, accidental in the people's point of view!) Actually, this is one of the reasons my own stallion was just gelded. I hope you have all healthy, beautiful foals!

Oh. My. Lord. :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

I'm just not even sure what to say except you're gonna need all the support you can get to keep from going insane! Holy cow. :no:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:

Leia

LOL!!!!!! What a MAN!!!!! LOL!!!!!
default_wink.png
:

I'd laugh! Everyone seems happy and content, so you might as well enjoy the situation too! LOL!!!!
default_wink.png
:

What a bonus for the buyers! No waiting, pretty much instant babies! LOL!!!! That stallion knows how to make EVERYone happy, including himself! LOL!!!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Wow! What a guy and a gentleman never tells you know. :new_shocked: You send hi up here to NY and we'll see if he gets thru my fence. :lol: I wish you lots of luck and easy foaling.

I can so sympathize but they will be wonderful foals and what a bonus for the buyers. Good Luck.

I bet that little man was pretty pleased with himself last spring / summer!!! I look forward to seeing LOTS of pictures of LOTS of foals
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Now, you know we need a "Smug" Smiley!!!

Then we could use it after Booger- well he certainly is a Smug Booger now, isn't he???
default_rolleyes.gif
:

You poor thing- maybe the senior mares will help you out and do it all on their own- mine would given half a chance.

I do not envy you, I just hope that young man has some stamina, you are all going to need it!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I guess that is what you really call "making whoopie!!!"

Sounds like a challenge - but lots of fun!!!

JJay

Well, with all the well wishes you gave me through all I have been through, I offer mine to you, and a barn to foal out mares if need be.

:risa_suelos:

OMG, Vicki! I can't believe that!

I haven't called Margie cause I don't know when she might feel up to talking, Vic. Tell her to call me sometime and my offer is still open if she needs me.

Debi

U poor things!!! Here most of us are working and trying to get our mares bred and look at all the work they saved u, LOL. Never mind that u didnt want them bred :no: Best of luck with them all.

Back