Maple Hollow Farms 2015 Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chippy is on the left with a very full udder, sassy is still in the middle and being her normal stubborn self lol, and freckles is on the right with a moderately full udder

Melinda

Chippy has wax this morning
default_smile.png

I'll be watching when I have a minute or two!!!!! lol. Hopefully it will be tonight when I have more time to "Mare Stare"!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Poor Melinda, what a stuggle to get that little one out.........she hung right in there and kept trying. I don't have any experience with foaling but perhaps the foal's back leg was hung up??? Oh please let the Momma and baby be ok!!!!!!!! The cam went dark right after she got the baby out........more prayers..........

I don't think it is the Mare Stare connection I can see the other 2 cams from Pacific Pintos and Flying G Farm.........oh my please let them be ok and Melinda too. I could never, ever do what she does I am too emotional!!!!! Praying again
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Just came back..... Melinda's cam is back up......Chippy is up and walking around, Melinda was trying to get foal up on his/her feet......wiggly little baby!!! I pray the foal is just exhausted from the birth
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
!! I hope those little legs get stronger by the minute!!! Chippy, Melinda and little foal worked too hard to get into this world!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Looking better.......woobly but standing, hoping that is a good sign!!! Melinda is a real blessing and has such a way with her minis!!!!!! She has remained so calm tonight and knows just what to do, this Momma and foal are very lucky they live at her farm!!!!!!!

I have seen this happen before and by the next day the foal is nursing ok.......could the little one just be tired out? especially after such a difficult time?? The foal appears to look ok, what do you think Ryan??? Melinda must be tired out!!

Oh goodness! I hope everything is okay! I was so scared when Annabelle got sick. Will be saying big prayers for them!

Baby is still not out of the woods. ...was bad presentation and cut off the umbilical during delivery, wasnt breathing when born. ..had to breathe for her for about 20 min ... Really disoriented yet so hoping she will be ok. Chippy seems to be ok other than normal cramping and I'm super rattled and taking a 5 min break ....

Melinda

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Melinda so sorry this has been a difficult one......you were wonderful and did an amazing job bringing this little girl into the world..... I am praying for her and you and Chippy
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

If someone can keep an eye on them for a bit, I really need to go warm up! Just let me know if they move around at all, right now both are resting. Thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Back