Maine Miniature horse owners

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
Hi everyone-

If a small tack shop in Southern Maine would start to carrying miniature horse items reasonably priced what items you would like to have available? I know there are times when I could really use a place that has leather leadshanks, leather or nylon halters available without having to order on the internet or mail when I need one like yesterday.

Thanks for reading

Julie

Julie,

All of the stuff you mentioned would be helpful! Also, since hopefully it's you that's considering becoming that little tack shop, maybe some show supplies would be nice to have close at hand for when we're down that way. You know how it is, everyone forgets something at some point in time. I would love it if I could find nice cotton leads on a regular basis as I do NOT like nylon leads--been burnt too many times--literally! That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure as I think about it, more will surface and I'll let you know!

It would be wonderful to have all of that stuff within driving distance!

Jodi

hi julie,

Unfortunatly you guys are so far down there unless we were there for a show then probably wouldn't end up using a tack shop..however i bet there is a growing demand for items. If you do open a shop, let me know and maybe we can commission some carts, foal buzzers, ect through you! see you guys in NH in a couple weeks!

Hi Julie, Blankets are a good item, I know in the past I have had to loan out blankets because no one could find them reasonble around here. Linda

I wish I had the room for a small tack shop, but its not me
default_sad.png

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink this... LOL

I know what you mean about the nylon leads - YUCK - I too have burned my hands way too many times with them - I use leather or cotton now.

But it is an established tack shop in Falmouth Maine, just 5 minutes away from the fairgrounds and she will bring her mobile van to shows with supplies if asked. She has custom leather leadshanks with or without the chains that are nice and wants to carry more mini items that people would want. I think she has heard me grumble a lot about not being able to get items except thro the internet.
default_unsure.png
: She just wants to carry items that people want.So I will relay this to Margaret at Springdale Tack. I will let you guys know when she is supplied. If Maine Miniature Horse Club would contact her she would bring some supplies --bug spray -blankets, leads etc. to the events they have.

Hillary - you ought to get ahold of her reference to your carts - great place/person to have as a contact in this area.

Thanks again for your input - at least there could be a place we can get some items without waiting 5 days or so for them to arrive at the door!!

Take care

Hope to see most of you next weekend in NH - I must be crazy - we are bring all the 2 year olds!!! :eek:

My fingers are crossed for great weather!!

Latest posts

Back