ls my gelding to FAT??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Thankyou for the fast answers l just wanted some quick opinions on his body condition and neck before Sunday so l can cut back on feed and maybe work him more for the next 2 weeks and see how he looks then..l think he's still a little fluffy around the edges
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm no expert but he looks great to me. A nicely built substantial boy, just perfect for driving. Maybe a little short in the neck, but overall he looks well balanced and presents a lovely active picture.

He can come and live with me anytime!
default_yes.gif

Anna

Fat is a relative term. Check out my boys photos and his muffin top figure and your horse suddenly looks quite slim
default_laugh.png

PS...I think your boy looks nice.

Adair

I think "fat" is in the eye of the beholder. Someone at our last show told me our mare was too fat and then she went in and won her halter class under both judges. I think your boy looks fine, but that is my opinion. If he has no trouble flexing at the poll (which looks to be the case from the photo) I wouldn't worry about a throatlatch sweat. I admit I do use them though, especially on driving horses. It also seems to me that my horses tend to look fatter in photos than they do in real life. Pretty boy and nice mover!

He is very nice! I know that everyone said that my guy is fat, but actually this is the slimmest he has every been. He has wide ribs I tell them.

I would maybe work on the ground on flexing exercises. That would condition the neck in the "natural" sense and it it will come "naturally"!
default_yes.gif

I too think he is nice. He can't loose much more, I would personally be happy with the way he is. However take a pic of him just in halter and maybe we all will say differtenly. Horses just seem to look thinner when they are driving.

I, too, think he is very nice
default_smile.png
: and if he is 34-37" you can ship him right out to me; we have two he would match just perfect!!!!!!
default_wink.png

Not sure why you took the picture down, but I was going to say he looked a little "fluffy" to me too. Some of it is the fur smoothing his muscle definition so he looks a bit rounder than he really is, but I suspect he's still a bit pudgy. I do love that horse though and it was a really pretty picture!
default_wub.png
My own are definitely a little on the round side right now too; that's why I recognize it!
default_laugh.png
Some light neck sweating probably wouldn't hurt but mostly I'd clip him close and work his little rump off and see what happens.

Leia

Latest posts

Back