Love :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping religion out of the equation...and talking about BASIC rights...would you deny me these rights (these are just a few)? WHY?
Right to make health care decision for partner

Right to visit partner in hospital

Right to sue for wrongful death

Right to consent or refuse autopsy of partner's body

Right to be buried in cemetery plot with partner

Right to make funeral arrangements for partner

Right to inherit deceased partner's estate

Right to visit in long-term care facility

Automatic "authorized driver" on partner's car rental

Right to coverage on partner's insurance plan

Protection of home in the case of partner's bankruptcy

Private conversations are protected in court

Right to access partner's death certificate

Right to personal effects from deceased partner's body
My wife and I are both finishing up college (haha we've each changed our major SEVERAL times...we're long term seniors
default_wink.png
). Normal couples our age that are married, are eligible for a lot of different scholarships and government grants. Do you know the financial burden we have, both of us being full time students? But, because we are a homosexual couple, we aren't eligable for that help.

Gee whiz, just checking the board and found this 7 pager and just had to see what was going on.

Getting back to the original subject of gay marriage...........

OK my 60's hippy LOVE & PEACE has just kicked in again. Sorry but old habits die hard.

I don't care if you are gay or the Purple People Eater, what the world always needs is LOVE. There just never is enough of it.

Why would I or anyone care if gays were married is beyond me. Gay marriage does not affect me and my year end taxes so why is this even an issue? The way I figure it is I care about what is going on in my house and in no one elses. Don't we all have enough to deal with in our own homes than to dictate who can love and marry who? Gays are people too, human beings that have every right to LOVE and LIVE anyone they care to and if they want to be bound by marriage, so what? Its no skin off anyone's nose.

LOVE LOVE LOVE AWAY......EVERYONE!

Yes I still wear tye dye tee shirts and a headband half the time

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you Marty. Let's both put on our tie dyed shirts and headbands and protest. Everyone has the right to their opinion and to live their lives in whatever way makes them happy. Linda has a very valid point about the inequality to the same benefits married couples can access. I am heterosexual and live in a committed relationship but don't have the same benefits as a married couple. Marriage is just a legal process and says nothing about how we live our lives. It is getting better as I can now be on my partners insurance but it still has a long way to go.

Miniwhinny- I can agree with many of your points and can see how passionate you are about your beliefs. Reading your posts the thought hit me that you have swung so far left you are now standing on the right. I have a real problem with organized religion and believe that the bible shouldn't be believed on a word by word basis that some religions base their beliefs by. It is a book supposedly written by several different people on their view of what happened.

One thing religion and the bible does give us is a blueprint to live our lives and a HOPE of better things to come if we live our lives that way. You see it in dying patients that hope is the last thing to go. Anything that gives us hope and tells us to love each other can't be too bad.

I have to admit that before reading these posts I hadn't given a whole lot of thought to the "basic rights" that these couples are being denied. I've always felt that who people choose to love was none of my business. I'm friends with two same sex couples....both of them have been together a whole lot longer than about 99% of the hetrosexual couples I know.

Latest posts

Back