God

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMaid

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Okay,please dont be offended. I don't want haters,but I am posting this on a public fourm so thats what I get...xD[/SIZE]

I dont understand "god". I mean,do you honestly belive in the bottom of your heart that there is a magic dude in the sky that controls who we love,what we do,and such? Do you honestly think "god" wants everyone to hate Gays,lesbians,emo kids,and people of other religions? What about the fact someone is constantly watching you always? And some of the bible storys -- WTH? Some random guy put two of EVERY single kinda animal on a boat? None of them ate eachother? Or had babies? I dont seriously belive that.

I think yall should watch this video.

*Note there is alot of cursing*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yjBLVz5jk

^^^

I totally agree with that.

XOXO!

-R

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the link didnt work.

Personally I think you are asking for things to get heated with this topic.

I think you're taking offense with what is a very narrow-minded interpretation of "God" anyway. There are so many things in my life--let alone the world--that I can't explain. That doesn't mean that I deny that they exist. Even if I don't believe in something, if I can't prove that it doesn't exist I'm not going to judge someone for believing that it does. Ultimately you have to decide what rings true for you.

Your entire paragraph tells me that you really don't know much about religion and God, so maybe you should learn first...go to a bible study and see if it is something you want to have faith in before you make a decision on what to believe or NOT believe...it is a personal choice that only you can make.

I for one, do believe in a higher being. And I do call him GOD. I have been blessed with many miracles. Some at the time, I did not realize but do now. It has been my faith in GOD that has got me to where I am right now. I beleive that there are angels on earth, they are called true friends to the very end, good, bad and indifferent, they see you through. I did not open the link. No need for me to do so...I for one take comfort in knowing HE is constantly watching me and with me. HE is more than GOD to me, he is my friend...

Your entire paragraph tells me that you really don't know much about religion and God, so maybe you should learn first...go to a bible study and see if it is something you want to have faith in before you make a decision on what to believe or NOT believe...it is a personal choice that only you can make.

Well,actually I tried that...that is kinda what drove me to this thread.

I've lived 11 years of people trying to get me to see the way,and I dont like people pushing me to do anything. Heck,I have memorized many bible quoats,read alot of the storys,and gone to church...so it's not like I havent given it any attempt to care.

I think you're taking offense with what is a very narrow-minded interpretation of "God" anyway. There are so many things in my life--let alone the world--that I can't explain. That doesn't mean that I deny that they exist. Even if I don't believe in something, if I can't prove that it doesn't exist I'm not going to judge someone for believing that it does. Ultimately you have to decide what rings true for you.
I am not convinced he doesent excist,but with what (some) christans say about how all the Gays and Atheists are going to heck,i just think "Wow,if you're the kind of person that goes to heaven I'd rather go to heck,that'd be more fun!"

Well the link didnt work.
Personally I think you are asking for things to get heated with this topic.
I'll fix that.

I know that,but I had to get this out somewere.

Well,actually I tried that...that is kinda what drove me to this thread.I've lived 11 years of people trying to get me to see the way,and I dont like people pushing me to do anything. Heck,I have memorized many bible quoats,read alot of the storys,and gone to church...so it's not like I havent given it any attempt to care.
So...it sounds like you feel you have done your homework and you decided to not have faith in it...that's fine, that's your decision...so then why are you asking the question in the first place? Is it you want to know why others can believe in something that you obviously find ridiculous (by the wording of your paragraph)? Are you wanting people to try to convince you (no one should force religion or non religion on anyone)? Or are you wanting to try and convince others with a link? (I didn't click on the link, I don't need to). I guess I'm just not sure what the intent of your original post is when you clearly have made up your mind on what to believe or not believe. No offense, just don't get why you started the topic.

This is deffinently a heated topic, but I personally don't believe in a god. I was baptised a christian. Went to church & bible school. I even did the vacation bible school. I just don't believe in it. I believe in the spirits and rencarnation. My family has always gotten mad at me for it, but I can't help what I don't believe in.

Well,actually I tried that...that is kinda what drove me to this thread.I've lived 11 years of people trying to get me to see the way,and I dont like people pushing me to do anything. Heck,I have memorized many bible quoats,read alot of the storys,and gone to church...so it's not like I havent given it any attempt to care.
So...it sounds like you feel you have done your homework and you decided to not have faith in it...that's fine, that's your decision...so then why are you asking the question?

I'm asking,becuase I feel like everyone except my mom and my best friend will hate me for being an atheist.
default_unsure.png

I'm asking,becuase I feel like everyone except my mom and my best friend will hate me for being an atheist.
Well no one should hate anyone because of their choice of religion...and really it's no one's business but yours on what you choose. I can tell you that I am a Christian and I have friends of different religions and friends and family that are athiest...I do not hate anyone! It is your personal decision and whatever you decide you should not be chastized for it, if you are, then those are friends you don't need anyhow!

My brother is an Atheist, I have friends who are Athiests. My two daughters and I all believe quite differently. It doesn't matter.
default_smile.png
What each person believes is a highly personal issue, and I encouraged my children to search out what they felt was true, and go with it.

I think that it doesn't matter so much what we BELIEVE-- it's how we ACT that really matters.
default_smile.png

I will just say this I think whatever you believe - if you are going to claim it then live it. If your belief or religion or spirituality makes you a truly better person and you live your life following the ideals you claim to hold dearly then that is wonderful. That can only make the world a better place if it helps you be a caring, kind, compassionate, non judgemental, empathetic person. Of course no one is perfect we all make mistakes and sometimes we make them over a few times before we learn but if you truly strive to live your life being a better person doing unto those as you wish they would do unto you- More power to you
default_smile.png
You could pray to a tree for all I care if it makes you feel good and makes you strive to be good the world can only be a better place

Sadly not all choose to try and be better or make this world a better place. People can claim any religion or belief and use it to hide behind. Including a non belief
default_unsure.png

(sorry for the bold on the last part I wanted to bold one line and now can not unbold)

edited to add

It seems like you lost faith in people who use their religion to foster hate and ignorance.. I to have met people like that who somehow thinking going to Church on Sunday somehow makes them able to do whatever they like during the week that is about as far from the values they say they follow.

Again no one is perfect we all make mistakes and we all hurt others sometimes intentional sometimes not the key is what you do with that information once you realize it and how you stop from doing it again.

I have been let down by many people and am not one who claims to be religious or affiliate myself with any one religion but I do realize the difference in losing faith in some people being very different then losing faith period.

Seeing hate disguised as religion is something that is hard to swallow and comprehend especially for me when I was younger the older I get the easier it is for me to seperate the 2 and that came with meeting some from many different beliefs who truly live what they follow and seeing the peace and greatness that comes to them thru that. It allows me to see and appreciate and respect those that follow the values they say they hold dear.

I too believe in God and angels. I have been helped and protected by Him and His angels more than once.

There is nothing nor anyone who can make you believe in something you don't want to. I do NOT believe God wants people to hate or hurt anyone or anything.

God is good and loving.

It isn't God that says "hate Gays/Lesbians/Atheisits, etc...." it is people. God says to love each other as yourself. To me that says that I am to love everyone equally (now....can I personally do that......
default_rolleyes.gif
). I could go into a lot of Bible stuff about how I was raised and what I believe but I'm not going to. I grew up in a very strict and "Godly" religion. There were just as many hypocrites in that religion as there are in any other.

Each religion has branched off from another religion. All religion was created by men. It is flawed. To each his own.

As far as Noah and the ark and all the "Pairs" of animals....there was a reason for a pair of each kind of animal
default_wink.png
. They were to procreate and replenish the Earth.............

As far as Noah and the ark and all the "Pairs" of animals....there was a reason for a pair of each kind of animal
default_wink.png
. They were to procreate and replenish the Earth.............

Do people honestly believe the Noah's Ark story... happened? Seriously, that must have been quite the trick feeding all those pairs of (how many MILLIONS of?) species for 40 days on a giant ark... with only how many people to care for and pick up after them all and keep them from killing eachother?

"I am not convinced he doesent excist,but with what (some) christans say about how all the Gays and Atheists are going to heck,i just think "Wow,if you're the kind of person that goes to heaven I'd rather go to heck,that'd be more fun!"

Well, I'm a Christian and I can tell you I've never regretted it. And please don't anyone get upset with anything that I've posted, if you have a question about something that I've stated than thats fine. Now about what you said about how Christians say that all gays and atheists are going to heck (now I never use this as a curse word, I use it in context as it is a real place). And you know what, its true, but it's also true that liars and theives are going to heck also, not just gays. (any person who doesn't belive in God will go to heck, whether or not someone has killed someone or is gay, all those who don't believe in God, as it says in the Bible, will go to heck) Sin is sin, no matter what it is. But that's a different topic..... Now even though it's true I don't go saying it like that, I'll tell people it out of love for them, hoping that they'll see the truth. But I don't go bashing them with it and if they disagree with me than thats fine, I trust that God will be working in their hearts if they'll let Him. Sometimes your friends or people that are Christians will keep telling you that you need to believe in God or whatever is because they love you and because they know the truth and they just want you to see it to. Course I don't agree with people bashing on other people and shoving it down their throat, there are other ways to come across. If someone disagrees with me (which I know a lot of people who do) I don't get all upset and "heated up" about it, I just lovingly tell them what I know to be true and if they want I'll show them in the Bible where it says what I'm saying. God is my defense about what I say, His Word (the Bible) backs up what I say. The Bible isn't just a book that has a bunch of made up locations and stories, they are all real places, in the different passages where it talks about different prophesies there are things that have come true, fullfilling the prophesy. Everything lines up, different events that it talks about in the Bible have all ready happened and there are more prophesies that have yet to be fulfilled. I still have yet to read the whole Bible but everything I have read is really amazing when you really take the time to read it and study it and take the time to understand it.

Also, I always encourage people to not look at/to other people (who profess to be Christians) to find out who God is and what He's like, let Him show you for yourself. We are all human and mess up, nobody's perfect, which is why it's really foolish to look to people to find out what God's like and who He is. But I'm not saying that Christians shouldn't try to please God and be like Him, we are called to be a reflection of Him and to follow His example. But no matter how "good" we try to be other people will always be able to find some fault in us. So I encourage you not to look to professing Christians to find out what God is really like, let God show you who He is for Himself. You can do so by reading the Bible, studying it. I'd encourage you to just go get (if you don't already have one) a New King James Version Study Bible and read it. Alot of it might not make sense (at least not now) but don't give up. I'd encourage you to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. And if you don't get it the first time read through it again and again, and take it slow, think it through. Read through Genesis and Exodus, it'll all explain itself. But if you're not really into reading on your own or studying on your own than there are a lot of good videos/dvds that I know of that you should watch, Of course I'm not saying you have to do any of what I"m suggesting, because that's all they are, suggestions, you can take what I'm saying or leave it. It's all up to you
default_wink.png

And about the whole Noah and the Ark deal, well if God has the power to create you and I (let alone the whole universe) than I'd say that He has the power to feed that many animals and keep them from killing each other
default_wink.png

I consider myself very spiritual and I do believe in God.

However, I do not belong to any organized religion. To me, organized religion is a turn off and I don't think you'd ever "catch" me in church on Sunday morning. That is just my own personal choice and in following with what I am comfortable doing. When I was younger, this was confusing to me... confusing to separate my faith in God from my discomfort with organized religion (in case this could be part of what you are thinking through).

There are things that have happened in my life that tell me there is a God and there is an afterlife. Our spirits go on.

CyndiM said:
I too believe in God and angels. I have been helped and protected by Him and His angels more than once.
There is nothing nor anyone who can make you believe in something you don't want to. I do NOT believe God wants people to hate or hurt anyone or anything.

God is good and loving.
This is also how I feel
default_yes.gif

I think its great that you are searching, Good for you!

You said you don't understand how someone could control what we do, how we feel, who we love... He doesn't. Its called free will, one of His many gifts to us.

Its such a controversial subject that I don't want to confuse you further, so I wont go on. I will however be praying for you.

God loves you.

I believe there is something out there, but the bible, I do not believe in. It is a book of contradictions. Like, God forgives all sins, then why does he need a heck.. And if he forgives all sins what about suicide, the bible says you go to limbo. It is a book written by men to control the population and it ain't working. I would swear on the telephone book before I swore on the bible. JMO

AND I went to parochial school or as I referred to it "Brainwashing" school. Didn't do well. Plus the nuns had those big sleeves to hide weapons in.

Back