lots of stuff stolen at AMHR Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad we left Thursday afternoon and missed all the theft! They should have a fenced lot that has a gaurd that you have to check in with to drop off and pick up your trailer with. Maybe right down owners info and what type of truck dropped trailer for proof. That is horrible, as for the RV park, we were told that someone was attacked on Tuesday night in the bathroom
new_shocked.gif
Had it not been for this womans dog attacking her attackers, she would have definately been raped and possibly worse. After we heard about that we went to the bathroom in pairs. Some people might take offense, but it was definately the carnival people
no.gif

PocketPoniesVA said:
If this "happens every weekend" I would be blaming the facility as well!  They should be protecting the people that show there!!!
-Amy

470157[/snapback]

I agree, Amy. If this is a common occurance --why didn't the facility put out warnings??? Allow people to be on their guard!!!! Good grief.

I remember almost 10 years ago at a show, the facility announced publicly that there were thefts happening of purses and other valuables and for people to watch their items! Why didn't the OK. facility do something similar? (And of course, the thieves are not horse people 99% of the time.)

MA

darla may said:
I know Bruce Abbots cargo/horse trailer was stolen. I guess he was loading stuff on it, came back to put more things on it and it was gone! I do not know if this was Sat or Sunday. But I was told he bought a used stock trailer to get horses home. When Lyn j gets back to VA I am sure she will have all the details. I left on Friday morning and I am glad!

HEIDI

469590[/snapback]

Im So sorry to hear this. Bruce had a hard time at Nationals and required oxygen during classes. To have this on top of everything else is unbelievable. So much for the security that was cruising the parking lots.

Deana

Quarter Scale Farm

Geez all this is just so terrible. I hadn't heard about the restroom attack either!

With all this going on....maybe it's time for a new site? Of course, is there anyplace that would be safer?

Shelley

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Last year if you recall they were stealing spare tires off the trailers. Before nationals was moved to Tulsa we were warned about the stealing. It was not as prevelant the last two years they just let us get comfortable. We always have someone with the horses and tack and any extra tack or gear is put away and locked up. Security is a joke, its too wide open there and anyone can come and go as they please. You should set up a "barn watch" know who is in your aisle and keep an eye on each others gear. Here in New England when Equine Affaire is on I'm surprised more stuff isn't stolen. No one checks anything. When I went my daughter and I and one of the girls stabling in the barn took turns staying with horses and gear. There are horse worth thousands and thousands of dollars and anyone could just walk out with them! And the owners of these horses were ignorant of this fact to boot! As for the bathroom attack that happened last year my kids are not allowed to go to the restroom alone on the road because you never know! Linda B

Latest posts

Back