Lost our old dog Sandy!! :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
Wanalynn went out this morning and found Sandy in our hay barn gasping her last breath! She called me and when I got there Sandy looked up at me and layed her head back down. I stroked her head and told her it was OK to go and she left us peacefully! Sandy came to us from the dog pound at the age of 8 and she just turned 14 this passed May! She was such a sweet old dog and will be greatly missed around our farm! She was the first to run out and greet me when I returned from Illinois Sunday!

Here a pic of Sandy and her best friend BoBo the cat who is also 14 years old!

Bill

003.jpg

How compassionate and kind of you all to give Sandy a wonderful home when she was already 'older'( in dog aging.) She looks like a love in the pic; God bless her, and both of you for your loving action.Someday, you will all meet again at the Bridge...I believe it.

Margo

What a beautiful old girl. I'm sure BoBo is going to miss her too. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aw! I'm SO sorry you lost your sweet Sandy!
default_crybaby.gif

I'm glad her mommy & daddy were there with her when she crossed over.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a lucky girl she was to have been adopted by you and to have spent the latter half of her life with such a loving, caring family.

RIP Little lady - passed on but never forgotten.

Anna

default_saludando.gif
we love our pets because they are somehow like ourselves only with more innocence and trust

I no how much your pet meant to you an how hard it must be for you now

RIP Sandy

Bill and Sandy

I feel your pain as we just lost our boxer Bandit last Tuesday.. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Diane

So sorry to hear that Sandy has crossed the bridge, but she waited for you and Wanalynn to get there so you all could say GOODBYE to each other and I know she was saying THANK YOU for the beautiful years she spent with you. HUGS on the loss of a dear friend and companion. Pound adoptees are just so great.

Blessings to you both. Your old girl waited for you to cross over....... We have also adopted "older" dogs from our local shelter. It's proven to be a rewarding experience, although hard at the end when they go.

I have a lab mix rescue who is almost 11 and I got her when she was 7, and our other lab mix was a four month old rescue and so is our 13 year old min pin.

Bill, I think we form such a special bond with dogs because they seem to communicate with us on a level that is almost human, and I think that dogs "remember" the bad times in their lives before they were adopted or rescued, and are very grateful to us for "saving" them.

I am sure Sandy lived with gratitude in her heart for what you and Wanalynn did for her for all the years she lived with you.

I have been to your home. I've seen what you and Wanalynn have done for miniature dwarves and dogs and cats, and I know that any animal which ends up in your care is blessed.

Latest posts

Back