Lost one too

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalamara minis

Reaction score
On Sunday our best mare aborted at 265 days. She was having a hard time so we had the Vet come out and check her. He said to give her 24 hrs and see if she could pass it. Well Monday the Vet came back and we had to go in and pull the dead foal. And wouldn't ya know it, it was a filly. A twin to the yearling gelding we did so well with this year. The mare is doing fine now. Thats the life of raising horses, sometimes things just go wrong!
default_sad.png

OH NO.
default_no.gif
Bill, I am so very sorry. I pray the rest of your season goes better.

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your filly...I wish we could get a better understanding on why this is happening so much these days!!! Are we doing something wrong? :DOH!

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
Glad to hear the mare is doing okay. Hopefully the rest of your foaling season will be smooth sailing.

So sorry about your lost filly. Glad your mare is doing well.

I am so sorry for your loss!!!!
default_no.gif
It is getting awfully scary around here seeing that I am anxiously awaiting my very first foal ever, and out of my rescue mare that I know nothing about! Everytime I see another foal loss on this board my stomache gets tied in knots!!

Again, so sorry for the loss of your filly!!

~Tammy

Latest posts

Back