Lost one due to bad ice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a terrible accident; I am so very sorry for your sad loss! And a thanks for the timely reminder, for ANY of us who live where ice can be a problem--even here, in sunny NM, where I live, it can sometimes be a real issue!

Margo

Oh, I'm SO very sorry!
default_sad.png
What a horrible thing to have happened. My condolences, and thank you so much for the warning. Thinking of you in your time of grief....

oh, I am so sorry to hear about you losing your favorite mare. WE all do what we can to prevent such incidents, but sometimes it is out of our hands. Hang in there, we are all thinking of you.{{{HUGS}}}

Oh Kathy, I am so so so so sorry! Nothing you could do, except hindsight which pretty much stinks! It could happen to any of us. I'm so attached to my horses too that I can't imagine losing one...
default_no.gif

I am soo sorry you lost your little girl. My prayers and thoughts are with you as you go through such a hard time.

Mendy

Oh Kathy,

I saw the post and I prayed, don't let it be Poca,

not any of them of coarse, but not Poca. I am so sorry

for you and the kids.

Life is so unfair - I can't stand it!

So, so sorry, you are in our thoughts.

Rest in peace sweet Poca.

Cathy

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers go out to you. We got alot of ice around her and it scares me to death to have them outside.

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry! My heart hurts for you. Our pastures have been covered in ice too, and I was worried sick one of the horses would hurt themselves. I even brought my one preggy mare in--it made my stomach turn every time she broke into a trot. I am sure your mare knew you did all you could, and felt loved in her last moments. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your herd. I hope spring brings you dry ground and better luck.

Thank you all SO MUCH!! this has been a hard day but all the hugs and wishes and prayers from you all made it so much easier to get through!!! I so appreciate you all, Long before I got minis I got on this website and asked millions of questions, in the 5 years that Ive had minis now, I have aquired MANY wonderful friends and aquaintances through this board I thank God every time I hear from one of you because I know you all understand how special these little beggers are and for me they have changed my life. I have learned that even though you dont ride them they truly return the affection and love that I feel for them and I cant think of much that is more rewarding Bless you all and thank you for being there for me, It means more than I can ever express into words Great Big (((((((HUGS)))))))) to you all , Kath

Oh God I'm so sorry I'm late getting in on this post! Breaks my heart dear..ICE stinks and is one of my worst fears. We had even shut ours in before but can't do that all the time and have to hope for the best sometimes.

Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss.

Maxine

I am so very sorry this happened to your dear little Poca. My heart breaks for you. I cannot imagine how heartwrenching it was for you to see her laying like that on that ice.....that is just so sad!! We've had ice storms here in the past, it's a very scarey situation.

Kathy,

I am soooo very sorry for the loss of your sweet Poca
default_no.gif
I'm so sad for you. Sending hugs and prayers in hopes of helping to bring you through this. I wish there was more than I could do to help.

Take Care

Jodi

Kathy, so very sorry for your loss of your beloved mare.

Sincerely Marcy

I am sorry you lost your beloved horse.................... We had one slip & permanently injure his knees years ago. Now when we get ice we take calf panels & corral them in underneath the overhang or bring them into the barn.

Latest posts

Back