Lost dog quick prayers needed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Nothing yet but I feel she is still there somewhere. Will take one of the other dogs back there this afternoon. The problem is it is about an hour away one way.... a couple of trips a day is all we can manage. Doachshund rescue for VA has been mobilized this morning. Both Humane societies and animal controls and all the vets in three counties. This is a stubborn independant little dog and if she doesnt want to be found..... we wont find her even if she is just a few feet away.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=12pt]Prayers still coming your way for Lark and all involved. Hope you have better luck this afternoon. Jean[/SIZE]

Oh Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! A few years ago my Jack Russell ran away in a thunderstorm. We hunted for her for days, put up posters. Kept getting "sightings" in one area and looked and looked. Then one morning I was eating breakfast and this voice goes off in my head "look now".....I didn't even finish my cereal, just got in the car and went. I hunted again with no luck and was just driving out of the woods when this man comes walking down the lane. "Are you looking for something" he says? I said yes, my dog. "Is it a rat terrier?", Well, it's a Jack Russell. He was silent and I asked "have you seen her?" He said........she's at our house! I went back with him and walked into their house and saw Tasha sitting on his wife's lap. She looked at me and her look was "is it really you?" then she jumped off the lady's lap and raced laps around me and I told her "I thought I'd never see you again" All three of us were crying. Apparently that morning they found her curled up on their porch. Where she was the previous 5 nights who knows....and how she kept from being coyote bait is amazing. I had to share my story because I want a similar happy ending for you.......and to tell you to listen to that little voice! Good luck Lyn.

Any news on Lark? I sure hope she is safe and sound.
default_pray.gif
:

Checking in and thinking of you and little Lark. Hoping she gets found whether she wants to or not!

Liz

Sorry, double post!

L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give up....My thoughts are with you during this crazy/sad time :no: Please keep us updated...wish I was closer...I would help....Post pictures around the area...I am sure you have.

[SIZE=14pt]Still no luck finding her....there are no houses around that rest stop. We did send pictures to the aninal control people etc.... I cant even talk anymore Im so hoarse from calling. All we can do is pray ....[/SIZE]

God protect her from HERSELF!

Lyn

I'm so sorry, the little stinker is really up to her ears (literally and figuratively). I will continue to hold her in my thoughts.

[SIZE=14pt]Adding my prayers to the others. [/SIZE]

I hope she decides being home with you is much more fun than playing hide and seek.

[SIZE=14pt]Just got a call from a truck driver that she was seen at the rest area about a half an hour ago and ran back into the woods. My daughter is on her way from work to get me to go look for her again. Her boss isnt thrilled because she was away all last week but we have to go and I cant drive. Please pray that she will come to me this time.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Oh Lyn - hoping you find her -- hugs and prayers

JJay

[SIZE=18pt]I'm hopeful, now, that she was at least seen alive, and near there. Is there some way you can get a small live trap w/some food and put it near if you were to see her, then back away and watch?[/SIZE]

Just throwing out ideas....

Good luck, I hate to think of her out there scared and alone and I know you're trying to so hard to make sure she gets back safely.

Liz

[SIZE=14pt]Well we called for an hour, left food near the source of water there and had to come back home because katie had to go back to work. Barry and I will go back tonight after he gets home. WE have added a reward sign there to see if it would help. I am at a loss, I was so sure we would get her today and she is still chosing not to come.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=24pt]Lyn I sure hope you are able to catch her, but it sounds like she is very afraid of everyone. You might as the animal control there if they have a humane trap that she would fit in. It would scare her as well but at least she would be contained until you could get to her. The only risk would be if someone found her in the trap and took her, but if its in a place that is secluded it might work. [/SIZE]

Either way, you both are in my prayers for her to return safely.

Karen

Lynn,

Thank goodness she is still alive, don't give up hope. You are all in my prayers, I hope tonight is the night for her to come home. Please let us know how it goes.

Praise God that she was at least sighted. There is still hope to get her tiny furry behind caught
default_smile.png
Too bad she is being so stubborn, but maybe tonight is the night. Still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back