Loren & I went to a show..........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
Well, we took Catalina, Rocky adn Slick to an open show today. I showed Catalina in a stock/hunter class and there was about 15+ horses in the class. Amazingly We got 3rd!!! I was amazed! Catalina was the ONLY Haflinger at the show and the only non-QH/APHA in the class.

mothersonshow_may_07002.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07005.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07010.jpg

Then, Loren and I showed together in Open Halter. Again there was a LOT of horses in the class. Loren & Slick got 4th and I got 5th!! We were soooo cute!!!

mothersonshow_may_07018.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07013.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07015.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07028.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07055.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07063.jpg

Then we saddled up Rocky and went in lead line. There was only 2 horses in the class, but we tied for first. Not suprising, as Loren was the boy and the other rider was a girl. How do you pick a winner with that? They were both very cute and had to back their horses. Loren didn't do it at first, (although he does know how ) but after seeing the little girl back her horse, Loren tried again and backed Rocky right up. Slick & Rocky were the only minis at the show, BTW. They got a lot of attention. It was a very fun show!!

mothersonshow_may_07070.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07073.jpg

mothersonshow_may_07075.jpg

:bgrin Those pictures are just adorable, congratulations to you and Loren :aktion033: :aktion033: I always love to see the pictures of Loren with Rocky and Slick and your other horses too
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

Yaaaay!! :aktion033: It's good to see updates on your bunch and I must say Catalina is beautiful!
default_wub.png
: Loren is adorable, as usual. :bgrin Congratulations on such good placings, what fun.

Leia

Sounds like a great day for one and all! So cute! and I love your haflinger.

Wow! Great job!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and what great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Tammie~

Looks like Loren had a great time. Looks good to also see Slick back in the show ring. He always did very well with me. Congratulations to Loren.

Wow, congratulations, Shellie!!! And Loren, too!
default_smile.png

Great pics and great results. Thank you for sharing with us. Hope we get to see you again soon.

Liz

:aktion033: Way, way cool!! I love showing at open shows with the mini's. I find it especially fun to compete against the "big" guys"! Way to go!!

Your pictures are just precious!!

And your horses all looked beautiful too!!

Good job!!!!! :)))

Susan O.

Thank you everyone! I am still in amazement how well we did. There were sooooo many horses in the classes!! To get 3rd in the stock halter class with an odd ball breed is just amazing to me. Then in the open class there was even more horses and we got 5th. Loren beat me out with his mini Slick, but how can you compete against his total cuteness? I felt sorry for everyone else in the class when he trotted his little mini in the ring all by him self. I am beyond proud of him. I am actually glad I left Catalina's feathers on. I did trim a lot of it and fluffed it up a bit though. I am glad I did not shave them all off because it was an open show and I did not want the judge thinking she was a palomino QH or cross bred QH. It worked! The judge came up and asked me a few questions about her and even about the feathering. She told me after the lead line class how much she liked my "little Draft Pony"!! She liked the minis too. :aktion033:

Your little gang is just the cutest! I am glad you moved here to Washington. You are a great addition to the Northwest gang! Can't wait to see you around sometime! And now you are in for the treat...the Northwest summers are the best. You will be enjoying the heck out of it, I promise! :D

Congratulations on a wonderful showing, you are right, Loren's cuteness would be pretty impossible to beat!
default_wub.png
:

What wonderful pictures. Your matching outfits are great. How old is Loren? He is adorable with those minis. My 2 1/2 year old son is very impressed. I'll be you were proud, how did you not tear up? Adorable!!

What wonderful pictures. Your matching outfits are great. How old is Loren? He is adorable with those minis. My 2 1/2 year old son is very impressed. I'll be you were proud, how did you not tear up? Adorable!!
Loren is 4. I was so proud and I did tear up when the people in the stands started cheering and clapping when they anounced Loren's number.
default_crybaby.gif
: But, then they called my number and I had to get a move on, so I was forced to dry up fast. :bgrin

tee hee. I don't think I could have pulled it together! lol. My 6 1/2 year old daughter tells me I am a sap. Kids can be so supportive! tee hee. Well you guys looked great and congratulations.

Congrats! Looks like a good time was had by all! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back