Looking to replace AAA road insurance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannigirl

Reaction score
Some time ago, someone had the name of an insurance company that had road insurance for people that haul horses and pull trailers. I have had AAA for years, but realize they do not deal with a trailer if my truck breaks down. I really could use something that will also help get my trailer off the road and even possibly help me with my horses if something happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Angie

There is also one called US Rider. I don't have it, but have looked into getting it before.

I participate in several 'horse pursuits' forums, where genuine longtime horse people hang out...US Rider gets the HIGHEST recommendations there, almost without exception. I have it myself.

Margo

I bought US Rider myself last year after finding out AAA wouldn't cover my trailers. Though I haven't had the need to use them yet, I've heard nothing but good about them.

I have US Rider too. I wouldnt dare truck with out it. I have heard nothing but good things about it. They even have a magazine they put out. So worth the premium

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

We have AAA Plus-RV. I don't know how it compares cost wise with the other plans that have been mentioned, but it does cover a horse trailer.

I bought US Rider last year- to inssure a trip I made down to the the states-I have had to use them 2x ( not for truck and Trailer just the truck and they have been really good- there follow up has been good also.

Tiffany
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MiniV I got rid of AAA with RV coverage Broke down pulling a cargo trailer with no horses.They wouldn't do anything.Said I was not covered.Got US Rider and have used them twice.Nicest people-they even called me back to check to see if everything was OK.My advice DITCH AAA and go with US RIDER.It even covers if you are riding in a vehicle with someone else.Quick response.My experience with AAA was very rude people and non caring attitude.US RIDER is horse people like us.

From the personal experiences and recommendations I've read, Bevann is exactly right about US Rider.

As to cost---there is an initial 'sign up' fee, I think. This is my fifth year of membership; I joined when there was an 'end-of-year special' low price for that; don't recall what it may be. My renewal this year was $119. I never had AAA, so don't know their charges, and US Rider may be a bit higher??--but from all reports, SO much better for horsepeople than anything AAA offers, because they DO understand how it is with horses.

(And a definite 'plus' to me, that the coverage goes with ME, not my vehicle or rig. It gives me a special peace of mind when 'sharing the ride' on horse trips!)

Margo

My hubby and I just got Travelers Motor Club, not sure how they are to work with because we just got it in December, but they provide "loaner" trailers if something happens on the road, as well as emergency medical on the road. Cost was $300 for both of us, and it does go with the person not the rig.

MiniV I got rid of AAA with RV coverage Broke down pulling a cargo trailer with no horses.They wouldn't do anything.Said I was not covered.Got US Rider and have used them twice.Nicest people-they even called me back to check to see if everything was OK.My advice DITCH AAA and go with US RIDER.It even covers if you are riding in a vehicle with someone else.Quick response.My experience with AAA was very rude people and non caring attitude.US RIDER is horse people like us.

That's awful! Larry was fortunate, I guess. He had a breakdown with our gooseneck and they towed both the truck AND trailer.

It's happened twice in about 10 years worth of travel.

Back