Looking to adopt a dog?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluetaterbaby

Reaction score
Hey Y'all: :saludando:

I was just browsing this animal shelter website. It is located in a county next to me. My friend's elderly neighbor is now living alone and scared. Her husband passed away a couple weeks ago. My friend has mentioned getting her a wonderful dog for a companion, so, I was looking on this website: http://cachs.com/ So many sad stories there; but they now have hope. I wish I could take them all.

I thought some of you might be looking for that "special" companion. The ad states they will ship it for a fee. Probably all shelters ship. Anyway, check it out. You might find your next "best friend".

Oh, and if you are looking for a particular breed of dog, I can check out some of the local papers and trade papers for you and email the ad. I've been told that prices are much lower in the South than in the midwest and northern regions. I don't know. I have 8 wonderful dogs and all are totally spoiled. Only 2 are purebred. The others are mixed strays and rescues. They bring so much joy to my life. I can't imagine life without a dog or a mini. I love cats, too. But can't have anymore because of the dogs.

SSL (Sorry So Long)
default_yes.gif
:

Good Luck,

Joan

That is so nice! Never heard of a shelter doing that, but its GREAT!! Also, check with rescues, they will usually try to get a dog to a new owner. To find them either join a Yahoo.group for a certain breed ( that is how I found my new guy) or look in petfinder.com . There is also herdingrescue under yahoo groups.

I lost my little man 5 weeks ago, the house is SO quiet without him. He was blind so he was my shadow 24/7. My new guy will be here tuesday, weathers been so bad up north that he hasnt been able to be shipped. Keeping fingers crossed
default_rolleyes.gif
:

for people looking for pets i also HIGHLY recommend www.petfinder.com. That is where i found my first chinese crested dog and he is awesome!!!

As a manager of a shelter, I find this disturbing. Surely there are shelters or rescues withing driving distance of everyone that someone can go visit a pet that is looking for a furr-ever home. We also carefully screen adoptees of our pets. Most rescues/shelters deal with older pets that are not as easily trained as a younger dog or cat. What happens if you go to the airport, pay your $200 to pick up your rescue pet & find out it may be agressive to you, or not like the pets you already have at home. Are you going to dump it on another rescue? I high encourage everyone to adopt instead of buy, but visit the pet before you take it home so you know it is a good fit to your family.

As a manager of a shelter, I find this disturbing. Surely there are shelters or rescues withing driving distance of everyone that someone can go visit a pet that is looking for a furr-ever home. We also carefully screen adoptees of our pets. Most rescues/shelters deal with older pets that are not as easily trained as a younger dog or cat. What happens if you go to the airport, pay your $200 to pick up your rescue pet & find out it may be agressive to you, or not like the pets you already have at home. Are you going to dump it on another rescue? I high encourage everyone to adopt instead of buy, but visit the pet before you take it home so you know it is a good fit to your family.
that is why I love petfinder.com.... they have local listings for all over the US, and I was able to go meet and spend time with my special boy before I brought him home.

Back