Looking for nationwide rescue organiztion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critterhugger

Reaction score
I know this was posted on here before, but I just can't remember the name of the organization. I'm looking for the nationwide rescue organization that has jurisdiction to act in cases of animal cruelty like the Humane Society or Animal Control. It's a national group, but they have authority to investigate locally. Please if someone can provide me with contact information I would really appreciate it.

i have never heard of a national rescue that has authority in any local situations. Normally you either have to go thru the sherrif or animal control for that county.

Kay

kaykay said:
i have never heard of a national rescue that has authority in any local situations.  Normally you either have to go thru the sherrif or animal control for that county. 
Kay

473977[/snapback]

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals considers itself a national organization and has offices or representatives in most states willing to get involved in humane issues.(so does PETA) check out what these groups represent before you call them in, and make sure their agendas agree with your own! As far as having "authority" goes, I believe as kaykay says, the state agricultural agencies or County Police are the controlling agencies. Depends on state laws which vary wildly from state to state. There so far are no nationally applied humane laws that i am aware of, therefore no national controlling authority.

Latest posts

Back