Looking for Felabella bloodline info

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
I have a gelding that by his papers looks to be Felabella as well as AMHA. I think he may be a tad over so I have not worried about taking him perm. or anything else. He is a pet only, so it really has not ever mattered to me. I am trying to make a photo/info pedigree for all of my horses and it got me looking. Anyway, I have been trying to research the bloodlines of some of my horses and found myself very curious about thisy boys descendants for the first time. His name is HA Cassanovas Bandito and he is out of a mare named Grosshills Tia Maria, who is out of Cincha (fellabella) and what looks to be a hardshipped fellabella stallion. His sire is Grosshills Cassanova Felabella, by Grosshills Comofin Fellabella and what looks to be a felabella mare.

I would love any information anyone might have on these horses or any siblings.

Thanks!

-Amy

This is Grosshills Comofin

comofin.jpg

And this is the son of Comofin that I once owned:

outlaw.jpg

I have found many of the horses in that line grow tall. Outlaw was 35.5" when I sold him, but he was GORGEOUS!
default_yes.gif
:

Our first mini was a pure Falabella stallion, we purchased as a weanling, "Grosshill's El Hombre Falabella" son of Grosshill's Comofin Falabella born in 1993. He was Comofin's smallest son at 28" (as far as I know) and a proven size reducer for us until we sold him several years ago. We were so impressed with his daughters they are still an important part of our herd today! Even though Hombre was registered solid black, he sired several loud colored appaloosa offspring out of solid and pinto mares with NO appaloosa breeding.

These picture were taken while Hombre was on the show circuit shown by Portia Sue Owens, now Portia Sue Kalinka during the 1994/95 show seasons.

[SIZE=12pt]Grosshill's El Hombre Falabella[/SIZE]

head1.jpg

right.jpg

Here are several of Hombre's son's:

[SIZE=12pt]Lost Spoke's Cochise Warrior[/SIZE]...born in 1997 and still owned by the Lippert Family in Arkansas and out of a solid bay mare.

cochise1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Lost Spoke's Running Bear[/SIZE]...born in 1997 and still owned by the Kukea family in Lei, Hawai'i out of a pinto mare.

rb.jpg

and [SIZE=12pt]Lost Spoke's Poco Dinero[/SIZE]...born in 2000 and owned by the Bailey family. This colt too is out of a pinto with no appaloosa breeding.

poco.jpg

Grosshill Farm of course is no more and Terry Burchill of Grosshill Farm is now Terry Hlavatovic of Alliance Miniatures.

If you would like to read more about Hombre and the offspring he had for us, please visit his webpage. Grosshill's El Hombre Falabella Hope this helps with your family tree!

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Dawn, your "solid" appy stud must have had somee strong hidden appy genes there somewhere! What loud lovely babies.

Both Cincha and Comofin were imported from Argentina from the ESt. Falabella. Cincha is a black and white pinto, Comofin a leopard. Comofin is deceased. Grosshill imported Comofin and he sired quite a few babies. Cincha is still having foals. I do have the names of both of thier sire and dams in Argentina if your interested email me.

Tammie

Latest posts

Back