Look at this little Guy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSR's_Judy

Reaction score
I just had to post one of my babies born this year. This is "Little Joe".

He is such a loving little guy.

Good_Ad.jpg

Nice_Head_Shot.jpg

This is the first time I bred my black and white stallion to this red roan mare and I was really surprise with this baby and the color.

I am trying to talk my husband into letting me keep him, but so far no luck.

Do you think he is homogeneous? I was thinking about having him tested but I am afraid if it comes back homogeneous that it would make giving him up to a new home harder.

I would love to have you critiques him and be honest.

Judy

If his mother is red roan no he is not homozygous. He must have to pinto parents to be homozygous.

I wont critique but will say he looks to need a good deworming/better feed program.

Personally I think he'd make an ADORABLE gelding (so it wouldn't matter if he was homozygous or not
default_wink.png
: ). He is nice and refined and has some good angles to him. His head might mature a little plainer than you expect, and he seems to have a weak hip and low tail set.

He'd make you a really flashy show gelding, for performance and halter. He's got decent long legs and a nice shoulder so he might move nice when he matures.

I agree with Ashley, too... he might need a better feed/deworming program. Babies are pretty tough to get looking good.

Andrea

Thank you for your critiques.

I have been using the paste wormer every month, but I just switched last weekend to the daily wormer.

The vet has me worm my weanlings every month, but I have talked with people who use the daily wormer on their young ones. They felt it worked better, so I thought I would try that.

Some of his little stomach may be from eating hay, we are so dry here that we have been supplementing with hay so we do not put so much stress on the pastures with over grazing.

Again thank you for your critiques.

Judy

Latest posts

Back