Look At My New Litter of Toy Australian Shepherds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyMiteVillage

Reaction score
On December 6 we had a new litter of Toy Aussies. We had 6 but 2 were stillborn. That left us 4. 3 girls and 1 boy. One of the girls was tee tiny and the others would push her out of the way to nurse so I ended up supplementing her as well as mama's milk but she was just so tiny she did not make it. But she survived 2 weeks and 3 days. But I have 2 girls and 1 boy left. I have a red merle girl, blue merle girl and a black tri boy. They are so cute. Mama is a Red Tri and daddy is a Blue Merle both are 14 inches tall. They have graduated from crate to playpen during the day but at night they go in the crate with mama.

Here is a couple of pics. They are 4 weeks old today.

IMG_0810.jpg

Blue Merle Girl

IMG_0809.jpg

Red Merle Girl and Black Tri Boy

IMG_0808.jpg

Mama Emma and the babies in their playpen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The two girls should be about 13-14 inches and the little boy I don't expect him to get over 12 inches.

So cute, one of my favorite breeds. We have an Aussie x Heeler mix and she is the best dog. One of theses days I'll get a picture of her and post it.

If I didn't already have two dogs (one is a full-size Aussie) and you weren't so far away, I'd be really tempted by the blue merle female.

Bridgette, my full-size Aussie, is a black tri; she's going to be 13 years old in about a month.

They are soo cute!! Can't wait to see more photos as they grow up. We had a full size Aussie red merle we had to put down in the spring, we miss him a lot.

Thank you so much for your comments. I love the little Aussies. We use to have a full size Aussie and he was great but he attacked my mini stud thru the fence and ripped a huge hole in his neck so we put him down. I just could not trust him anymore with my minis. So then I went with the Toy and Mini Aussies and I absolutely adore them. They are just like the big Aussies just in a smaller compact body. Shannon from CMHR has one of our pups (Tank) and she loves him to death. Everything is tiny at our house so they fit right in. We have had them for years and I recommend them for everyone........lol...........I guess I am a little biased........lol.......
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png

Back