Long night at W W Miniatures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]We had a very long night last night! Our Lucky Penny went into labor, 2 weeks early, around 11 PM. We had started to bed when we noticed she was laying down and getting back up again then back down! We decided she was in labor and we got dressed and when to the barn! She was down pushing, but nothing was happening!
default_sad.png
Then I seen the red bag appear! Penny stood up and the bag went back in! She went right back down and started pushing again! I told Wanalynn to lay on her neck and hold her down while I went in! Opened the red bag and went in and felt a nose! Felt a little farther and found a foot and popped it out! Then the other foot appeared on it's own! The head was back a little, so I pulled when Penny pushed and out it came! Broke the sac and cleaned the nostrols and he started to breathe!
default_yes.gif
It was a tiny bay colt!
default_aktion033.gif
He's 18" tall and cute a a button! Took him a while to find the milk bar, but when he did he knocked the bottom out of it!
default_biggrin.png
Had to give Penny a shot of Banimine for her cramps! We stayed up and watched him and mom until 3 AM![/SIZE]

Penny and baby are doing fine today! I'll get some pix as soon as I charge my camera!

Bill

"CONGRATULATIONS!" on your new baby !

Thank goodness you were there and knew what to do!
default_aktion033.gif

Looking forward to pictures!!

I am so happy for you, Bill, and thank goodness you were there! :))

Susan O.

Great save Bill! Congratulations on your new baby and a job well done!

Robin

Wow-super save! Glad things turned out good! Congrats on the new boy!

Great job on helping with the delivery!! I bet Penny was relieved to see you!

default_laugh.png
anxioulsy awaiting pics of the cute lil guy! We all know I'm a sucker for a bay...

Back