Liz M (nootka) check in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyndiM

Reaction score
Liz, I saw on FOX News this morning another crab boat went on the rocks. They said the Captain made it up on the rocks but his two crew members were presumed drowned. This happened off of the Oregon coast. It was horrible to watch and know there was nothing I could do to help.

Please check in and let us know that all of your loved ones are safe.

CyndiM =

The one that you saw is the boat that went down last week. They have been updating the situation since then, and actually found some film footage of the boat being rolled over at the Tillamook Bar. Martin (Liz's husband) was NOT on this boat.

Mark

Thank God her loved ones are safe! I have watched the show a few times and do not understand how they can do what they do! I would be terrified and the conditions that they work under is truly terrifying to me !

All that water coming over the sides of the boat. And the pictures of them reaching out over the side of the boat with all that water splashing all over them. I would be shaking and crying in the bed inside the cabin......

And to me it looks like they must be freezing most of the time.

God bless them and their families for what they do just so we can eat fish. I wonder if it's worth someones life for us to eat crab?

They are very very brave people for sure. I hope and pray they all come home safe.

default_wub.png

Bonnie

Thank you Mark. I missed the beginning evidently that said it happend last week.

Yes, the F/V Network sank in very nearly the same spot that my nephew's boat and he and his two crew were lost.

A very dangerous bar that needs dredging and/or re-marked for navigation...

Here is a link to the video of the capsizing:

F/V Network Capsizing

My husband is currently on a boat called the Fierce Leader and they are fishing in Southern Oregon (in case you hear something about crab boats/fishing boats). Still, we are "all" like family and I know how tough it is to wait and wait and hope and know and still hope and wait some more and then to wait for the confirmation (or not).

I am sorry for the loss of these two men...we didn't know them, but feel a kinship all the same.

Liz

Back