livestock gaurdian dogs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
Just curious>>> Does anyone on the forum breed any livestock guardian dogs? Like... anatolians, anatolian crosses, great pyrenees, etc? I am just toying with the idea of getting anohter big dog.... we are waiting for biopsy result from my Rottie and I have a feeling things are not good. We had been talking about getting another dog anyway and maybe a pup might help in the future.

I don't want one to stay outside, but to be a companion for me when I am outside with the horses, and be good with the minis.

Post pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a great pyr that stays in the field with our minis and out angora goats.. I am not a big dog person as I was attacked as a child by a german shepherd, but "I LOVE THIS DOG" she is a doll baby and is such a good protector of the animals.. she actually cries if you take her out to the field away from her herd. She loves our children, and loves our other dogs, but now if an outside dog that doesn't belong (stray) she will bark till it goes away, and her bark sounds visious! She is now a year old and is still in her gangly growing.

DVC00361.jpg

We Love our Scotch Collies around Minis.

King passed away before Xmas

but replaced him with Tobbey

King.jpg

TobyJanuary2006.jpg

My daughters new puppy lives at her own home. Lab Just got her few weeks ago.

AnitasnewPuppy3.jpg

Mary, King was a beautiful dog but love you new puppy. Love your daughters dog to. We have 3 labs 2 Chocolate labs that are 13 and 10 years old and a 1 year old black lab that replaced our old black lab.Dogs are wonderful that why dog is spelled god backwards. Love
default_wub.png
: them.

I think Sandii Turner of Quarter Moon Farm in Wyoming does some breeding of Livestock Guard Dogs. Her website is listed on the Breeders Connect page.

MA

Latest posts

Back