Little Stallion in the Big City

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eohippus

Reaction score
Kinson never ceases to amaze me. He's always been so calm, so willing to please, so people friendly, and so tolerant-everything a miniature horse should be (to me any way). This past Saturday I decided to put him to the ultimate test. There was a little festival (it ws pet friendly) going on in a park in down town Phoenix. I had just gotten his diaper/harnes bag in so it seemed like perfect timing. After a clip (he has a show in a week so he needed it any way) and a bath we were ready to go. We had a little help from my friend (Amanda) and a back up plan to leave if he showed signs of being moody/unsafe.

Things went amazingly! There were tons (hundreds) of people and where walking was tight and crowd-weaving required. Not once did my little boy act up. He stayed by my side, listened to every direction, and allowed every one and any one to pet him (there were kids, adult, senior citizens-he was an angel to all). Chase banking had their mascot and with out hesitation Kinson stepped next to him for a picture and a pet. Later some one blew an air horn 5-10 feet from him. I jumped, Amanda jumped, and Kinson twitched an ear and looked at me as if he was shocked that I got scared by something.

dwntwnphx1.jpg

He had to pay for his own parking
wink.gif

dwntwnphx2.jpg

Visiting ASU (he says he wants to become their new mascot)

dwntwnphx3.jpg

The Chase Dog found an itchy spot on his withers and he started to get really into it lol

Thanks for letting me share
smile.gif
And if you're curious he measures 25.5 right now and turns 2 in just a few months! He's gone to Petsmart, different schools, feed stores, around Cave Creek, horse show of course, and just about any where else he can go. Always calm and gentle.

What a grand adventure!! I bet a lot of people were pleasantly surprised to see him there!
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

Very cute! What a good boy!

What a nice boy and handsome ambassador.

I hope you are keeping a scrapbook? This always reminds me I need to start one for my boy. Even though I've kept the clippings, letters and cards, it would be better to get them in the scrapbook and journal a little about each event before I forget the details.

I also think I need to make up lots of little cards with my email address, so when people take his picture I can hand them one and request they send me one, too.

What a nice boy and handsome ambassador.

I hope you are keeping a scrapbook? This always reminds me I need to start one for my boy. Even though I've kept the clippings, letters and cards, it would be better to get them in the scrapbook and journal a little about each event before I forget the details.

I also think I need to make up lots of little cards with my email address, so when people take his picture I can hand them one and request they send me one, too.

I have one started but I need to sit down and update it. I get so busy between work, school, the horses, and trying to have some sort of "life" lol I just need to "make" time to do it

For articles/newspapers I clip them out and frame them then keep and extra copy for a scrapbook.

The business cards are a great idea!! So many people as me for one when they meet Kinson (especially once they find out he has a website). I'm like you though-I always want a copy of the pictures others take of my little boy
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back