Little colt did not make it

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png
My heart goes out to you..I pray for peace for the mama and in your heart..You really did your best and the little one knew it I'm sure.

Maxine

Poor little soul. You all tried so hard! I'm so sorry he lost his fight. {{{Hugs}}}

default_sad.png

Oh I am so sorry to hear this... I was so hoping he would make it!!! Pneumonia is really a silent and deadly thing... hard to catch quickly.

Hugs to you and I am so sorry about your foal.

Thank you everyone....it has been rather heartbreaking and to make matters worse...I have three other 4 month old foals that have this same virus and a mini donk that is 2 weeks old and another mini donk that is one month old. So far all three of the foals are coughing and one has just spiked a 103 fever...so he and his mom are in the barn out of the sun and I have started him on an antibiotic and an extra dose of the brochodialator. The two fillies are keeping a normal temp for now along with the little donkeys. It really sucks as we vaccinate all of our animals for everything and there is just not too much you can do for a virus, but give the anitbiotics to hopefully keep any bacteria under control. It is hard to concentrate on anything as I am constantly watching the little ones to see how they are breathing.

I just hope and pray the rest of these "kids" can beat this.

Becky

I am sorry to hear your little guy didn't make it. That's a tough one; the foals can just crash so fast with pneumonia. It's good that you've started your one foal on medication now; if you catch them just when they first show that very first sign of heavy or faster breathing, they often respond very well, very quickly.

I am so sorry to hear he didn't make it! I pray the rest of your foals will fully recover! Sending prayers!

I am so sorry for your loss and your heartbreak.
default_crybaby.gif
: I am sending prayers for the rest of your little ones, how worrying!

Last edited by a moderator:
No it is never easy.....so sorry for the loss of your little boy.

Lyn

I am so sorry for your loss. sending prayers and hugs to you and his mama.

Im very sorry for your loss. All we can do is our best and you did that. With foals very often they just cant fight things off, its heartbreaking.

Latest posts

Back