Little Church Minis has a new horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's going to be one happy gelding.
default_wub.png
Think of all the fun things you two can do together! You should get him driving!
default_wink.png

A tough decision, but congratulations.

Rebecca

Karla I know how hard this decision was CONGRATULATIONS on your new gelding. Jazz is an awesome horse and you will have so much fun with him. As always you have made a wonderful decision for both of you.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new "JAZZ"...he will be such a happy guy once he can be out with his girls again!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations! I think you made a wise decision, both for yourself and Jazz. GELDINGS RULE!!
default_wub.png

I wish you health and beauty with the two you're expecting for 2009!!

Thanks, Parmela. Foaling season has always been so sweet for me, but I'm sure Kennedy and I will embrace it even more this year. My mares are having reactions to the vaccines they got yesterday--lethargic and sore necks.
default_sad.png
I was worried for a bit--thinking oh gosh--maybe I shouldn't have gelded him until the foals were on the ground. But, I know, no matter what happens, it was the right thing.

I know this must have been a really hard decision. That's for sure. I pondered it through the winter. But I know not to make drastic decisions when it's below 0 and I'm tired of hauling warm water....
default_wink.png
So...I waited to see how the idea felt later...

And so her gelding and her dead mare had a foal.
Oh my gosh--how strange! The way you put it makes it something one has to read twice. :DOH!
default_laugh.png

You will enjoy him more and not have to worry about escaping stallions getting where they are not supposed to be!

I'm looking forward to that part. Everything involoving Jazz is double locked because he's a master at opening anything not locked, and I've always had fillies around. No accidents have ever happened... but it's tiring to constantly be watchful. Jazz has never shown any interest of a sexual nature to any girls but the mares. I've had two year olds and have a four year old...Jazz has never been studly to them.

You should get him driving!
He's doing a fabulous job with ground driving!! That will have to do since I don't have a cart.
default_wink.png

Too many horses, not enough homes. So true. But, for awhile..the desire to create more foals is so strong all reasons to make more are rationalized into making it okay (I've never read a good one yet)... the logistics doesn't sink in until later.

I wish more would do it It's such a perosnal issue--and made for so many different reasons. I've done a lot of reading on this--including a post by you, I think, Desiree about why so many stallions are breeding in the mini world when geldings are the treasure in other breeds. Interesting thoughts. (I think it was you....)

I am going to send him a present on that day Okay, Angie--May 16th is the date. I'll be home--it's a Saturday.
default_laugh.png

It will be fun to hear about all you are doing with your minis and to see where you are 12 years from now also! :)
IThanks, Susan.
default_smile.png

Give him all the time he needs
He told me he's ready to go in with the girls now.
default_laugh.png
He's been sweet talling the girls when I let him out of his stall... arching his neck and all... must be he's not that sore.
default_rolleyes.gif

Jazz is a special boy!
Thanks. We agree!!
default_wub.png

As always you have made a wonderful decision for both of you.
Thanks, Nita!

I think you made a wise decision, both for yourself and Jazz. GELDINGS RULE!!
I'm curious as to how he'll change....
Thanks everyone for your kind words of support.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back