Linda passed away.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry to read this. I too have enjoyed Linda through here and her pictures with her and her beautiful driving horse. A person can't help but hurt for the family on the loss of a lovely lady. thinking of you! Lavonne

I am so sorry to hear of Linda's passing. My most sincere condolences go out to her family and friends. I will miss reading her posts here on the forum which were always full of cheer, smiles and friendship. Linda will be a shining star in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL of us at Pondlake Stables send our thoughts and sympathy for you and your family. jennifer

I had posted on the other thread, but wanted to post here, too. I've only known Linda on the forum, but she was so incredibly helpful answering questions regarding hoof issues related to Cushings/IR horses. She made a difference in the quality of life of many, many horses.

Godspeed, Linda. I hope you get to meet the horses on the "other side" who you helped so tremendously.

Liz R.

Linda has been in my heart and prayers for a long time. I had the pleasure to meet her at the Nationals 2 yrs ago when she was showing Fred. The love that she had for him glowed like a bright candle. She reminded me of myself...her love for Fred and passion for driving him was so much like I have with my Dandy. When she spoke of Fred, her face lit up with a glow....what an awesome blessing. My friend, Chris Wicke, bought Fred's yearling filly from Linda that year. Chris is making her driving debut this weekend with Fred's filly at the Silver Jubilee Show in Springfield, OH. Chris will be with McCabe Training Center if anyone wants to go by and see the filly. I hope to get to see the class...it will be a celebration of Linda's love for Fred...continuing on into the future.

While it might seem odd to some for me to write so much about Fred and this filly, in view of the loss of Linda....but I see it as a celebration of a very nice lady who's love for an awewsome little horse, lives on...which is what I think Linda would have wanted. I only wish she'd gotten the chance to see it and even drive Fred with them too. I know she'll be watching. God Bless her family and peace to a woman that fought a very hard battle.

"My friend, Chris Wicke, bought Fred's yearling filly from Linda that year. Chris is making her driving debut this weekend with Fred's filly at the Silver Jubilee Show in Springfield, OH. Chris will be with McCabe Training Center if anyone wants to go by and see the filly. I hope to get to see the class...it will be a celebration of Linda's love for Fred...continuing on into the future."

I think I met that filly at Equine Affaire 2006 - Linda was there with Courtney doing presentations for NEMHS and I was there with Mercy (she was one of the four Celebrity Horses). Was/is her name "Red"? And did she have a half-brother named Jack?

I agree, Linda would be smiling that Fred's get are in the ring and I know she was passionate about the Blue Boy line - she described to me how she developed her stock from Blue Boy and it is just amazing.

A fitting tribute to a wonderful lady...

Denise

Our condolences to Linda's family, very sad to hear this news.

Joyce & Tom

Little Folks Farm

Oakdale, CT

Latest posts

Back