Linda Best Benefit Miniature Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to update everyone on our upcoming Linda Best Benefit show on May 31st. Thank you to Equibrand and Sage/Deb for sending us some awesome prizes. We could really use some more prizes and raffle items though. If anyone has anything they would like to contribute to this great cause, please contact me. All donations are greatly appreciated.

We’ve had a lot of awesome people come forward to offer to help with running the show. Thank you to Paula Jean O’Neill for donating her time as the judge. Also want to thank Jodi (scoobiedoo) for offering to be the ring mistress. My mom (Bozley), dad and Diana (Diana) will help with the secretaries booth and food. I plan to do the announcing.

Now all we need is exhibitors! That is the biggest way we can raise money for this wonderful family who really need it! Anyone and everyone can come. It doesn’t matter if your horses are registered or not. It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie or a pro. This is a great show for a great cause. It can also be used as a great practice show for the upcoming show season!

If you live in the area and are nervous about showing for the first time, the Maine Miniature Horse Club is putting on a great clinic on show preparation to be held on April 26th also at the Cumberland Fair Grounds. Visit their website at www.maineminiaturehorseclub.com for more information.

Crescendo Acres Clipper Service will be at the show to pick up blades to be sharpened. So if you need blades sharpened you can save some postage and bring them with you.

There will be plenty of food during the show. For breakfast we will be selling donuts and coffee. For lunch we will be selling pizza, soda and baked goods.

There are plenty of stalls available at $20 per stall.

Camping fees are $25 for tents & campers w/ no AC. $35 for campers with A/C.

This show was a huge hit last year. The hands free obstacle class was hysterical to watch. Everyone had so much fun. Please come and join us. You will be so glad you did as will we!

Makayla Carpenter

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...lasslist_1_.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...orm_1_.doc2.doc

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP
default_smile.png

I don't think we will make it this year, but we went to the one in September and had a wonderful time. It was one of the most fun and relaxing shows we ever attended! There was a wide range of competitors from absolute newbies who had never shown before, to National Champions, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. The hands free obstacle class was a blast to watch and quite a motivator. I am nowhere near ready to enter it yet, but will admit I have been practicing a bit with our stallion.

Will there be a photographer this time? Last year there was a photographer and also a forum member who took a lot of wonderful shots.

Targetsmom,

I believe Makayla does have a photographer lined up for the show. Although I do not know who it is. Michelle, the photographer who did it last year just moved to N.C. She did do a great job.

Sorry you cannot make it. We did have a really good time last year and I know it will be just as fun this year.

Sue

You know that I will be there! Lizzie is so excited this is the first time she will get Roger into the ring this year! I'm coming up on Saturday!!!

I was the announcer last year and know that Makayla will do a wonderful job this year.

If anyone from NH wants to going the caravan headed up let me know.

For those of us that won't be able to attend the show, can you post the address on here where we could send donations?

Targetsmom,

Thanks for asking.

The address is:

Ribbons for Linda

c/o Kennebunk Savings Bank

P.O. Box 1880

Ogunquit, Me 03907

Please feel free to send a little note with your donation. The bank is really good about forwarding everything to Makayla and that way she knows who to send a thank you note out to. Makayla also makes sure that she gives Linda any cards or notes sent.

Any questions, feel free to contact Makayla at [email protected] or visit her website at http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/ribbonsforlinda.html

Sue

Latest posts

Back