like i said...two new geldings at our house

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
ok, i was planning on clipping them and taking pics to show all of yall but as you can see, it rained here and it is quite chilly so no clipping but i took some pics of us just messing around . First is piglet( canterbury double indeminty), he is trhe one ill be showing and he is such a spoiled brat...into everything, as you can tell. Oh and on the pics with his feet in my hands....he is crazy, he will stand on his back feet and let me hold his little feet....go figure
default_wacko.png
: i got him to stay still for this one.

100_0500.jpg

Then he decided to get on one of the mares when i was taking pics. She let him know what she thought of that REALLY quick.

100_0489.jpg

Then he decided to prance around like he is something

100_0504.jpg

Then he decided not to prance at all.
default_wacko.png
:

100_0505.jpg

Then he deicded to rear-up at me and act all bad and he stood on his back feet soo long that i just grabbed his little hooves and we had a conversation face to face.

100_0509.jpg

Then he decided that he wanted to behave and give kisses.
default_wub.png
:

100_0512.jpg

Then comes Eore( canterbury Phantom spirit), this is the gelding that my sister got to show( not the sister pictured above with piglet). I didnt have time to take many of him because it began to rain again after i got done with piglet, but here he his wanting some kisses too.

100_0492.jpg

and since i didnt get to take many of him today i thought i would post one of him before we got him...this was last summer at age 1 all clipped and pretty.

Canterbury_Phantom_Spirit.jpg

WEll i just thought i would share, i will try to get some of them both cleaned up soon, when the weather is nice but i couldnt help but to introduce them to you. Hope you enjoy,

Will

Wow! Very nice!

Piglet reminds me so much of my Diego! Color, and attitude! Maybe they are long lost brothers!

Congratulations!

Nice looking little guys -- both of them! You should do well showing them.

Hope you don't mind my saying this, but...... Piglet is cute as the dickens rearing up and giving kisses, but you won't want him doing that when he gets older -- and especially in the show ring! :bgrin

MA

"Hope you don't mind my saying this, but...... Piglet is cute as the dickens rearing up and giving kisses, but you won't want him doing that when he gets older -- and especially in the show ring! "

NAh i dont mind, i know its a bad habbit to get started, and we will cut it out soon. I just thought yall would enjoy the pics :bgrin

Those are some great geldings, great pics and I am betting you will do great with showing them!

*LOL*

Thanks for the update.
default_smile.png

Liz M.

default_yes.gif
: Very nice boys! Looks like you all are going to have lots of fun!

Both geldings are very nice. Wish you much success with them in the show ring. Enjoy and have fun.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

Wow I like what I see in that action shot! He should make a great liberty and driving horse!

Beautiful Boys Will, and Great Shots of them!!!
default_wub.png
:

Looks like you got 2 new winners there! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone, i was hoping you would like them...ill get some pics of them all clean soon....it was just a dreary day here and i had nothing better to do than to take some pictures. So, now that you've seen the guys, can anyone spare advice on showing....right now we have been practicing and one thing i have had a problem with on both of the guys is wanting to be too close and walk right on top of you...How do you break this habbit? oh and another is how do you get them to trott more freely when they are being led? They do good at trotting when they feel like it and as you can see (piglet) when they dont want to, they simply refuse.

Oh my aren't you a cutie...or I mean gees those are some cute horses
default_smile.png
Really they are very cute and will look so nice all cleaned up. Have fun with them and good luck showing!

Thanks for sharing these pictures
default_yes.gif
: Very nice geldings for sure!
default_wub.png
:

Conny

Hi Will glad you got those two from Nancy your gonna have a blast!!!

Excalibur use to walk up on me when learning to stand , i got a small crop and would put it to his chest and say "Stand" after a couple times I did not need the crop but could point and say "stand" and he would set up. as for trotting when you ask you can have someone behind you cluck and gently tap with the crop to get the forward movment while saying "piglet trot" , he will get the idea after a couple tries then its just repeating and using the same command every time and always use their name first before you say "trot" ..One thing I found out was not to use clucking noises but rather taught Excalibur my own clues so if someone near me clucks or says trot he will not move til I have asked him to, it can come in handy when lining up and someone clucks or say trot and goes by you.

Best of Luck with your boys , Im glad I have seen all three of your boys at Nancy's and you got some good ones....

Jenn

Latest posts

Back