Liberty- *Video link added *

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
Ok, so my hubby and 6yr old daughter are going to try out liberty this year at the AMHR show at the Ohio State fair. They are taking our mare, Stormy. This will be a first for all of us. I was checking to see what most recommend to wear. Should they "match" should they just wear what thry normally would in halter classes? pictures would be awesome too. thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it matters what they wear as long as it meets the general "dress code". Matching outfits would be cute, but certainly not required. I would be more concerned that the 6 year old understands the rules and what her role is in the ring so that they don't get DQ'd.

she knows not to touch the horse, and to help keep the horse moving, not to let her lay down or roll. also, to not just chase her. she knows when the music stops to drop the stick/whip and let dad catch Stormy. am i missing anything? (she is almost 7 and pretty mature for her age at least)

Sounds like you got her pretty well trained! Matching outfits would look very cute but wouldn't have to be fancy, such as same color shirts and black pants. Hope you all have fun!

You'll already have the cute factor going for you with father and daughter -- at least with the audience. Even just matching hats and coordinated colors would play this up.

You're going to have so much fun watching them, no matter how they do. My husband does liberty with Mingus, and being a musician and composer he wrote and recorded original music for this. Watching Mingus run to Keith's music gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My nephew and I do matching outfits - We normally do black pants, black shoes and green polo's
default_smile.png
. Simple, looks nice and clean cut.

Mingus, Keith and I would not be believable as clean-cut, LOL. Of course, Keith and Mingus are the tall, handsome bad boys -- I'm just the dweeb they allow to accompany them!

thank you! I love her markings too, one side she looks all white, then you see the other side of her face! The blue eyes help set it all off.

Latest posts

Back