Liberty Class information?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2ridesaddleseat

Reaction score
I would love to get information on this class! What is the Judge looking for? The horse is supposed to trot as well as gallop? How do you choose your music? Do you bring a CD with your song on it?

Please tell me everything I need to know about this class! Comming from the world of showing big horses, this class fascinates me!!!!

Thanks!

Joyce

Jeepers I spelt "Newbies" wrong in the title! I don't know how to edit the title lines??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Yes it is desierable if the horse were to show at both trot and canter, perferrably a really flashy trot. Although, they do like to see horses that play with the music, and run and buck. You are to choose a song that fits how your horse moves, and give it to the show manager before your class. Make sure you put a not on the cd with your horse's name, number, track number, and your name. That way, there is no confusion for the ring announcer when it comes time to play your song. You get a minute and a half to run your horse to music, and two miniutes after that to catch your horse. You can hanve a helper in the ring to help chase the horse and keep them moving, but they cannot touch the horse at all, only you can. No one from outside the ring can help catch the horse also, and no treats or "baiting" the horse. If the horse rolls, then you are elminated.

For choosing music, I just listen to instrumental pieces with strong beats that change rhythms alot through out the first minute and a half. You cna choose whatever type of music you want, just remember that some music doesn't sound as well being played over the loud speaker at high volumes than others.

Amanda

I just have to add here that if your horse isn't flashy looking nor has that flashy trot, you might as well forget liberty. My filly is appealing to me but not the judges and she works the entire arena, trots, gallops, changes direction, flying leads and all and she comes to me when I call her at the end. All this and she still doesn't place over a brighter color or higher trot!

Hi,

Yes, you can talk to the horse during the class. People outside the ring can hoot 'n holler along, and you can talk to the horse while you are trying to catch them too.

Amanda

Liberty is my favorite class!!!!!

Make sure your music "fits" your horses moves, it does count toward your score. The more animated your horse is, the better. IMO, if you can get to horse to come to you during the catch, I think that is better, plus it saves time. Check on youtube, there are a few videos of liberty classes.

Excellent information Disney horse! Thanks! I'm not sure I'd ever put my mare in it, but I at least wanted to know the rules so I can understand it better when I watch it. Maybe, I'll enter my next mini in it!!

How long does the horse have to perform??? How do you know when to "catch" him?

How long does the horse have to perform??? How do you know when to "catch" him?
Horse performs for 1 1/2 minutes. The best way to do it is to edit your song choice and create a minute and a half piece. Once the music ends, you have 2 minutes to catch your horse.

Back