Lets see your favorite horses!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll play!!

Heather favorite mini by far:

starstruck.jpg

_MG_0358resized.jpg

her beloved Starstruck - once a skinny slaughter prospect, now a show horse
biggrin.gif

Our favorite ambassador, Pretty:

Imgp0239.jpg

here showing kids how great the library can be at the summer reading roundup
yes.gif

David's favorite, and soon to be show horse, Rowdy:

100_1512b.jpg

he's also fond of our B gelding, Frankie, who he drove to a top 10 finish in his first driving adventure , shown here with his girl driving:

100_1911b.jpg

I have 2 favorites since my Joey is gone....

Dream

100_2406b.jpg

and our orphan baby, Lani

_MG_0168resized.jpg

wub.gif
wub.gif

Here is my favorite horse, Grosshill EK Cration Genesis. He is all I expected when he arrive. We love him!

Genesis_kopf_100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting harder, because I have more and more favorites, LOL!

But here is my first and constant favorite, Chips. He is so sweet and easy going.

Chips

Chips.gallop.sm.jpg

It's harder to pick a favorite from my mares, because I love them all, but this little girl is definitely near the top! She is the first foal I bred that I kept and she is quite spoiled! Very sweet and willing, but loves to show off too, I just love her personality and her big brown eyes. This isn't a current photo, but one of my favorites of her.

Crayonbox My Kind of Rain aka "Stormy"

Stormy.8-7-04.sm.jpg

Stormy's dam "Spring" is also a favorite, she has the spoiled broodmare attitude down perfectly.
rolleyes.gif

Sprg.hd.gl.wb.7-04.jpg

Well, they are all favorites with me, just depends on the day! But there are a couple / few I could not imagine being without. I think some of these Erica boys I'm getting will make this list, too, but I haven't actually met them yet (counting the days!).

Here are some of the ones that are in my heart forever:

Eclipse -- he is my first mini, a 1999 model. He is the most gentle animal I know and he is also amazingly fun to drive:

sundance+eclipse-june172003-2.jpg

Derby -- most of you have know he's my boy! He's my first show horse, was my first stallion (now a gelding). He has a heart as big as any full size horse and is extremely smart:

Derby-WCMHR-Hunter.jpg

Lou -- a one in a zillion mare. She is so sweet and so good in the cart. She is unflappable.

Lou%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Reserve%20Grand%20Champion%20Mare%20B%20Division%20032.jpg

Here is my favourite horse and he is also my only. 21 year old Britton!

I Just Love Him....

britt.jpg

and the mare that I lease is also my favourite. She is owned by Sandy (lilfoot)

Here is Cassey:

CasseyandI.jpg

-Nicole

No way I could pick - I am attached to them all (all 35 of them).............yet VERY attached to my show horses.

I usually have a favorite each year (usually one of my girls - more spefically my bay pinto Bandito fillies
biggrin.gif
)

My 2002 filly Erica's Knock Your Socks Off - Multi Supreme Winner and Multi National Champion winner, HOF

fb0b2cbd.jpg

f8666f74.jpg

then my 2003 filly Erica's I've Got Angel Eyes- Multi Supreme Winner and Multi National champion

f2046440.jpg

f2fedca2.jpg

then my 2004 filly Erica's Cloverbud - Multi supreme winner and National Top three

f16e8608.jpg

f2fedc9f.jpg

Gosh, I have to say that's a difficult question. Our QH mare has rescued me twice during trail rides that didn't work out well. The first incident was when she was only three and attacked by a large dog that went for her juggler. I jumped off her and shattered my tibia plateau.. (remember rule #1.. never get off a moving horse.... I didn't). She had every opportunity to run off, and instead, she dragged me home, about three acres away. How can she NOT be my fav?

Then six mos later, (after I got out of that cast), we ran into a Mama Black bear and her baby. Press did a donkey kick, and I went right over the saddle and landed in a fetal position on limerock road. I thought my back was broken. She took off, went to the nearest house where they owned horses, Screamed her lungs out, as did the other horses that lived there, and soon the owner came riding Press just to know where I was, and get her pick up to get me to the hospital. Nothing was broken... just all bruises. She could of gone anywhere... (surprised she didn't visit her fav stallion in the area), but she wanted to make sure I was OK. How could she not be my fav??

Of course, there is Magic... our first mini, who went from Horsezilla to the best mini jumping I've ever seen. he is an "R" mini and goes over 40 inches with our daughter on his back... she's only six. How could he not be our fav??

But somehow... our fav.. is the goofiest ... the silliest... the most disaster prone mini around. Our Tonto... catches the dog and stomps on him, comes up the back steps and tries to get in the house, rides in the car to Sonic's, and thinks he can nurse on the QH! (He's two years old right now)... He loves to dig holes all over the place, chases the squirels, and loves to take a bite out of anything. He's our baby.... awwwww....

The more I know of people, the more I love our horses.

God Bless Horse people...

Lynn W

Okay here's my 3 show horses, they are all so special in thier own ways:

My little BIG-mover, Send A Message SOS:

MessyNATD.jpg

Here is my sweet heart Winning Color's Hijacker SOS

LakeElmo007.jpg

And lastly is my newest addition Oneaka's Liberachi, my nest roadster champion:

Liberachicooltrot.jpg

Can ya tell I love them?
wink.gif

What a fun thread and such beautiful horses every one! I am with a couple others - there is no way I could post a favorite of mine. I love them all!
wub.gif
They each are different and unique in their own way.
rolleyes.gif
Smokey my oldest mare is such a little baby and I love her for that, every time she see's me she winnies and knickers like I have been really neglecting her big time - and she paws the ground to prove her impatience with me!! Winnie - my other mare - well she is more aloof, but what a beautiful girl she is and oh how she has the cutest fanciest trot while being walked!! Nakota, my little stallion - well he is SO laid back it IS funny! We let him have the run of the place, while every one else is tethered when we bring them out - we let him walk around all by him self. He acts like he owns the place yet would never hurt a fly and even my big horse treats him like a fragile baby! Then there is Jasper my donkey, he is special too, in so many different ways! What would life be like with out them, I hate to imagine...Lori
unsure.gif

Sorry, I dont have current pictures - I am working on that!

I would have a hard time picking a favorite, I love them all. Each is so special and has unique qualities. I do have to admit I have 4 of them that seem to be more standoffish, and I have not bonded with them like my others, but I still love them and just couldnt put one in front of the other! If I HAD to pick just one, it would most likely be my new colt, Oak Parks SS Royal Destiny, (in my avatar) he is such a little love bug....but then again so are the rest! NOPE---just cant pick one..... Corinne

mine is one of our her sires, silve fox. He was one of my first show horses, Him and i think alot the same and work good together.
foxhead.jpg

fox.jpg

oh forgot..I have always liked Ericas mare..Erica's Knock Your Socks Off... i know she isn't mine. oh well.

Well, I do have two all-time favorite big horses, one of which has been with me for 14 years, and I'm hoping for another 14, BUT I guess I'll stick with the minis on this one, seeing as how it's a mini board. Besides, I don't have a picture of one of my favorite big horses.

Of the minis, my favorites are Bob, Dinah and Ozzy.

OMP Pizazzs Yessiree Bob (Bob) will be with me until he dies (hopefully of old age). Bob was our first mini, and will do anything for me. He's also awesome around the smallest of kids, is a good babysitter for the babies, works well for putting in with a new horse, and has been my guinea pig in showing and training minis. Bob now jumps, drives, does halter and driving obstacle, is a lead-line horse for my son, etc. We got him as a yearling, and he's now a 6 year old. People always get a kick out of watching Bob after he has eaten, as he sticks his tongue out of the side of his mouth and licks his lips! I could go on and on and on about this horse, but I'll spare you the misery, LOL!

three_c_farm1001001.jpg

Ericas Oohhzz And Aahzzz (Ozzy) is my yearling stallion. He's quite the character, but no matter what he does, I just have to laugh! I lovingly call him a dork. If the day comes that I no longer want/need Ozzy as a stallion, I may just geld him so I can keep him! He's a sweet guy, and loves attention. I plan to put him back in the show ring as a three year old. I'm taking a halter break next year to concentrate on showing a driving mare.

three_c_farm1002001.jpg

I really can't explain what it is about Jandts Cheeri Deeri (Dinah), but I really have a soft spot for this mare. Unfortunately, this picture doesn't show how nice she truly is, but I never got around to taking better pics of her, and now it will have to wait until next year. I've had several different people ask me to price this mare, but as I tell them, selling her never crossed my mind!

three_c_farm1003002.jpg

three_c_farm1003001.jpg

Well, I only have 1 mare and she will always be a favorite, Rose. Sorry no pics to put up.

I do admire many of others horses though, Timberviews Paloma is a BIG all time favorite of mine. Erica's Prince Charming is one too.....always wondered what those 2 would produce if crossed
thumbup.gif

Hey Josh, that's it.....move in on Erica'S FAVORITE SHOW MARE and the rest of her herd comes with
poke.gif
Who would get to show Knocker if you 2 were a couple?
laugh.gif
Edited to add: I'm just joshing(teasing) ya Josh and Erica.

Mine was easy, my gelding LBFs Commodity Blues. Wonderful personality, he can show halter, liberty, driving like a hot horse, then slow down and hit the trail for a nice quiet drive. He is loaded with personality. Definitely a lifer for me!

Commod2003JulepCup.jpg

I'd have to say that Harts Tip Top Flash is absolutely my favorite and I love all of mine! This horse simply takes my breath away! Here's the ad I ran in the MHW magazine earlier this year.

2005WorldAd.jpg

Also, I love this picture of Redrock Sasakwa and my daughter, Cammie, after winning 2005 AMHA World Champion Adult Special Needs Showing a Mare or Gelding. Priceless!!

SasakwaWorld05.jpg

Oh this will be tough, I love ALL so much!!

My first mini of course. Just Spunky (he is hubbies and a friends fav. too)

2061d04e.jpg

My boy Iles Spotted Blue Illusion (blue eyed appy) I got him last summer, and MCR's Miss Delta Dawn She is so sweet, petite and LOVES attention. Has had 2 TINY fillies with Spunky. (I regret gelding him.
wacko.gif

DawnieandIllusion5-25-05.jpg

Illusionrightsideafterclipping5-25-.jpg

my mare Six Gems Pretty Women (blue eyes homozygous)

0e6dac07.jpg

Her filly from this year SH Gorgeous Sunset Bay (pending) sire is also homozygous so this girl is too. I love her markings, coloring, she is a huge show off that moves wonderfully, but she is so sweet and friendly too.

Sunset8-5-05041.jpg

image002.jpg

here is my life long bestest girl "Iona Midnight Snow a.k.a Oreo...She will be with me forever....I LOVE her so much. She was our first mini and, has the heart of a true champion...and, is a wonderful Mama to her foals...we cherish them as well!

We bought Oreo from Bonnie and Gordon Harris of Iona Miniatures back when we very first started...can't say enough fantastic things about the quality of horses they breed! They are born show horses!

lis

DSC00022me%20and%20dickens.jpg

And, here is my Bestest Guy (well, besides my wonderful hubby)
rolleyes.gif
this is Dickens our herdsire...Gosh, I can't imagine life without him. He is the type of horse that as soon as the overcheck is on and, we trot in the arena to show...he is HOT and, fired up...BUT, he is also a teddy bear like in this picture, moments earlier he was digging around in my pockets for carrots making me laugh infact I was sitting on the ground while he nuzzled me looking at me with those dark big eye all wrinkled and sweet and, He has a weakness for little kids and horse cookies too! He has given me so much!! I just ADORE him totally all 31 inches of him!!!
wub.gif

lis

Latest posts

Back