Let's see your barn cats..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing pictures of all the "essential" cats who occupy our barns and hearts!

This is Gray Barn Kitty........he kind of adopted us and wormed his way into the house......according to the neighbors he's 12 years old. He's pictured with our Westie Mollie Macduff........they're buddies.

molliefriendoutsidewu8.jpg

Gray Barn Kitty loves this old child's saddle in the barn, and will often sit or curl up for a nap.

catonsaddleqt8.jpg

And Marmalade, just as orange as his name, who was provided all the luxuries of the barn......then one spring day he left after breakfast....and we never saw him again.

marmaladeol4.jpg

Sweet pusses.

While we have kitties they are indoor pets but not to be left out here are some pixs of them.

yubasket3.jpg
purrumble6.jpg

Yuki

tubasket2.jpg

Touche'

onnyEagleDante3.jpg

Dante' (with Eagle)

ppkiss.jpg

Pryde

bigben3.jpg

Ben

oncatnmouse.jpg

Tember

Tember is a 15, Dante' is 11, Pryde is 8, Ben is 7, Yuki & Touche' will be 2 in March.

They were all shelter/homeless waifs.

We currently have 6 cats, Wilson, and his 2 brothers and 3 sisters. We lost their mother 3 weeks ago. Wilson takes special care of his siblings and bathes them and brings them rabbits.

Wilson

Wilson112808.jpg

One if the girls

fmkitten112708.jpg

The boys

theboys112708.jpg

another of the girls

femlktn2112808.jpg

Snip

Snip112708.jpg

Another one of the girls

femktn3112808.jpg

I wish we could have barn / outside cats. We live too close to a fairly busy road and are afraid if we did, they'd be hit by a car but I would really like to have some. And, I wouldn't mind if our inside cat, Keeper, could safely be an outside cat. He thinks he is a dog.

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Not only are there some beautiful cats here....but some gorgeous pictures too. Great job you guys! I keep thinking I'd like to get a barn cat, just haven't done it yet. As of yesterday though, I'd need to keep it in the house for a while. LOL

Some very cute kitties
default_wub.png

This is Cricket (Kitty) with Crunch
default_smile.png

crunchandcricket081.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have one tabby barn cat ''Mango''

and two indoor outdoor cats.

Sammy>

Donald>

Cute cats everyone!
These are our "barn" cats, Sam and Libby. They are brother and sister, we got them on the 4th of July a few years ago, so their full names are Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty. They are the coolest cats! They were supposed to be barn cats, but right after we got them, Sam was stepped on by my Anglo-Arab filly and broke his leg. He ended up having surgery and a pin put in it (pretty expensive for a free barn kitty!). He had to stay in the house while he was recouping, and his sister did not like being locked in the tack room by herself. She learned how to go into the loft and slide down the bars of one of the stalls. We eventually got sick of taking her back to the barn five times a night, so now they both come into the garage at night, and lounge in the house when they need a break during the day.
default_rolleyes.gif

This is Sam, he enjoys belly rubs and foot massages, and has no idea that he isn't a dog.

IMG_3551.jpg

And this is Libby. Her favorite pastime is laying down on the track of my circle when I'm riding.

IMG_3547.jpg

Both throughly enjoy that giant litter box we built for them last year.
default_laugh.png

IMG_3506.jpg

Cute cats everyone!
These are our "barn" cats, Sam and Libby. They are brother and sister, we got them on the 4th of July a few years ago, so their full names are Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty. They are the coolest cats! They were supposed to be barn cats, but right after we got them, Sam was stepped on by my Anglo-Arab filly and broke his leg. He ended up having surgery and a pin put in it (pretty expensive for a free barn kitty!). He had to stay in the house while he was recouping, and his sister did not like being locked in the tack room by herself. She learned how to go into the loft and slide down the bars of one of the stalls. We eventually got sick of taking her back to the barn five times a night, so now they both come into the garage at night, and lounge in the house when they need a break during the day.
default_rolleyes.gif

This is Sam, he enjoys belly rubs and foot massages, and has no idea that he isn't a dog.

IMG_3551.jpg

And this is Libby. Her favorite pastime is laying down on the track of my circle when I'm riding.

IMG_3547.jpg

Both throughly enjoy that giant litter box we built for them last year.
default_laugh.png

IMG_3506.jpg

Latest posts

Back