Let's See Those Dogs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shelley I just love your Saluki's. I "almost" became a saluki owner however after much discussion with his breeder we decided it wouldn't be an ideal fit at this time. He is a dog who needs to be shown and I am really wanting a dog who truly WANTS to show but, the dog's ability to fit in my family and situation was the most important, so he will probably be going off to a handler and I will get to admire him in photo's.

Lil' horse lover, that Roxy looks a bit like an Anatolian at first glance.

And wow next time my family (not the ones in my house) tells me I have too many dogs I am gonna tell them about all of you people :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin and explain that I have almost no dogs.
default_wink.png
:

Thanks, Runamuk! It's relatively hard to find a Saluki who "wants" to show, as the bedouins bred them

to be aloof to strangers, showing really isn't in their nature. Mostly they do it because we ask them to. I applaud you for knowing what was right for the dog and your family's fit. They are not a dog for everybody's situation. We live in a big maze of 6' chain link fences. I sent Trulee off with a handler

for a weekend once, but I missed her too much and so I never sent her again. Sent Suede off once too, and he moped around for two weeks after he came home and I promised him I'd never do it again. So much for handlers! LOL! P.Cee was handled by our good friend who owned his sire, met us at the shows, and I gave him co-ownership and lunches for doing it. And I did his website. ;-)

Shelley

Shelley I just love your Saluki's. I "almost" became a saluki owner however after much discussion with his breeder we decided it wouldn't be an ideal fit at this time. He is a dog who needs to be shown and I am really wanting a dog who truly WANTS to show but, the dog's ability to fit in my family and situation was the most important, so he will probably be going off to a handler and I will get to admire him in photo's.

Lil' horse lover, that Roxy looks a bit like an Anatolian at first glance.

And wow next time my family (not the ones in my house) tells me I have too many dogs I am gonna tell them about all of you people :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin and explain that I have almost no dogs.
default_wink.png
:

Thanks, Runamuk! It's relatively hard to find a Saluki who "wants" to show, as the bedouins bred them

to be aloof to strangers, showing really isn't in their nature. Mostly they do it because we ask them to. I applaud you for knowing what was right for the dog and your family's fit. They are not a dog for everybody's situation. We live in a big maze of 6' chain link fences. I sent Trulee off with a handler

for a weekend once, but I missed her too much and so I never sent her again. Sent Suede off once too, and he moped around for two weeks after he came home and I promised him I'd never do it again. So much for handlers! LOL! P.Cee was handled by our good friend who owned his sire, met us at the shows, and I gave him co-ownership and lunches for doing it. And I did his website. ;-)

Shelley
This particular Saluki is, ummmm, different LOL. He has been known to crawl into complete strangers laps, and thinks everyone is his friend. As his breeder say's he isn't the brightest saluki out there but he loves everyone he meets, and has a serious sense of humor. The fencing needs Is a huge part of why we opted to wait. My fences are not 6 foot.

Here are our girls. Kelly looking for clams.

Dogs7-5-2007076Small.jpg

Molly & Bree

Dogs7-5-2007070Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007049Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007048Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007041Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007022Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007013Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007005Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007016Small.jpg

Dogs7-5-2007012Small.jpg

They all like playing.

Almost forgot our old girl Reba, she's going on 15 and still has to go out and make sure the place is safe from critters

Dogs7-5-2007087Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This particular Saluki is, ummmm, different LOL. He has been known to crawl into complete strangers laps, and thinks everyone is his friend. As his breeder say's he isn't the brightest saluki out there but he loves everyone he meets, and has a serious sense of humor. The fencing needs Is a huge part of why we opted to wait. My fences are not 6 foot.

I have one like that, our 9 month old Coco. I always say "she hasn't read the Saluki manual yet", LOL!

I've found though that loving everyone and loving the show ring can be two different matters. There are

the exceptions however that do really enjoy it. I'd love to ask who it is, but I won't.
default_whistling.gif
:

There was a dog that was #1 Saluki maybe 10 years ago and won the National and he was not really the best specimin of the breed...but boy he was a "show dog" and hard for the judges to overlook! Now that Saluki loved to show!

Shelley

Here's our "chow hound" Boomer... he is Great Pyr and German Shorthair pointer cross and as you can see... he is very helpful and loves our little guys...

Chris

wheel_barrow2.jpg

BoomerPest2-2.jpg

I have one like that, our 9 month old Coco. I always say "she hasn't read the Saluki manual yet", LOL!

I've found though that loving everyone and loving the show ring can be two different matters. There are

the exceptions however that do really enjoy it. I'd love to ask who it is, but I won't.
default_whistling.gif
:

There was a dog that was #1 Saluki maybe 10 years ago and won the National and he was not really the best specimin of the breed...but boy he was a "show dog" and hard for the judges to overlook! Now that Saluki loved to show!

Shelley

Well if you had an email or PM active I could share that info
default_whistling.gif
:

you can email me if you wish.

It is really great to see everyone's dogs. They are family for most of us.

Shadows Gold -- Nana was a beautiful dog
default_wub.png
:

Skagit (believed to be a Swissie mix)

P1010002.jpg

Henry (tricolor Pembroke Welsh Corgi)

dogs78011.jpg

My chihuahua, Ellie

Ellieface.jpg

At her takeout window (cutout between kitchen and living room)

Ellie.jpg

While she has stopped for a second while playing with her cat toy (a previously stuffed mouse now gutted with no tail but she still loves it)

elliecouch.jpg

Gimp -- your dogs are so cute, especially your corgi puppy!!! Your big dog probably can help a lot in with yard work w/ her wagon
default_wub.png
: Jill

Gimp -- your dogs are so cute, especially your corgi puppy!!! Your big dog probably can help a lot in with yard work w/ her wagon
default_wub.png
: Jill
Thanks, Jill. I am totally in love with the corgi pup and am eagerly waiting for his ears to stand. So far Skagit's "help" has been in taking the grandkids for rides
default_yes.gif
:

Here's our newest addition, Bella Peanut. She was a rescue, found running near the Interstate in bad shape.

589040_1185086088.jpg

This is Jigs, the Blue Heeler X puppy, at 12 weeks:

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

And this is Kellie, the Australian Shepherd/blue heeler cross, 1 year old, you've all seen her before!

IMG_1286_1.JPG

Lakota.... 4 year old German Shepherd
default_smile.png

S5004943.jpg

S5004952.jpg

I also have a Sheepoo (poodlex crapzhu)... named Muffin. I had her since I was 7..got her for my birthday. I will have to get pics of her soon.

Kris

Latest posts

Back