Lets see everyones Grullas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Grulla has always been one of my favorite colors and I have been fortunate to add one to my herd.

PF Silver Socks

s6302826.jpg

s6302829.jpg

Socks' sire (Nestucca Doc Pete) is a grulla pinto who is sired by a blue roan appy and out of a sorrel pinto. Socks' dam (PF Black Velvet) is a solid black sired by a black pinto and out of a solid silver dapple. I have seen Socks' sire, dam, grandsire, and granddam in person. They are registered as the correct colors.

I also have a solid black filly that is homozyous for black who is a FULL BLOOD sister to Socks. Streaks dam and Socks dam are FULL sisters. Socks and Streak share the same grulla pinto sire. It is amazing how much they are alike in movement though. Both are full of actions and spunk. They would make an awesome driving team other than color and size (Socks is 36" as a four year old, while Streak is 33 as a two year old)

Lets see yours...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my mare Huff's Sierra Mist. I also have 2 mares bred for 08 to a friends grulla stallion, Dusty Lanes Vegas Bet A Buck.

sierra.jpg

sierra07.JPG

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]

2005 31” grey-grullo fancy action stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter) – Multi Champion
Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20166.jpg

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20138.jpg

DUNIT%20Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20088.jpg

DunIT%204-3-05%20046%20--%20cropped.jpg

JEM Nite Dancer (Erick)

Sire is a smokey black, dam is a black pinto.

ErikDrive2Fall06.jpg

ErikHeadFall06.jpg

The grulla thread is always interesting because they can look so different.

Melissa, a grulla is a black dun. So at least one parent must be dun. My mares sire was a black Buckeroo son and her dam was a grulla. A friend has a grulla stallion and his sire was a dun, Hilltop Little Vegas and the dam was a a black. edited to add, Oops, his dam was a grulla too.

nice horses, you all
default_wub.png

Little Anna is a black dun - a Grulla.

Her sire is homozygous for black. Her dam is a red dun.

She is very dark, interestingly, when she is clipped, she gets even darker,

and her stripes are even darker ??!!!

AndrewAnnaweb-2.jpg

Dunn.jpg

zOOMING.jpg

DSC_010212-21-07bw22.jpg

Melissa, a grulla is a black dun. So at least one parent must be dun. My mares sire was a black Buckeroo son and her dam was a grulla. A friend has a grulla stallion and his sire was a dun, Hilltop Little Vegas and the dam was a a black. edited to add, Oops, his dam was a grulla too.
Tami,

That was my understanding as well. I don't know how to explain Erick's colour as neither of his parents are dun.

This is my very first Mini and we've had her 3 weeks today!!! I am so in love with her it's unreal!!! She is bred to a Blk/Wht pinto. YES! I WANT MORE, MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

DSCN3419.jpg

DSCN3486.jpg

My stallion is grulla. His sire was a bay and his dam was a red dun pinto.

tom04.jpg

He has sired 2 grulla pintos bred to a black/white mare, a red dun pinto bred to a palomino mare and a solid grulla bred to a bay varnish pintaloosa (at least at this point she is solid!)

Michelle, your guy certainly looks color wise like a grulla. Does he have dun factor? I have a friend that has a mare that is really dark so you can't see her dun factor all the time, but she has it. And since colors are not always correctly listed, a smokey black could possibly be a very dark grulla.

This is my Smokey Grullo Pinto "Allure"
default_wub.png

He was DNA Tested and confirmed to Carry the Cream Gene

it has made his "points" Chocolate instead of Black
default_biggrin.png

l_acee581cd988f41430b740f11e3623f9.jpg

Allure getting his Butt Scratched hahahaha he was really getting into it!
default_risa_suelos.gif

l_9bb6e7a4e90ca4cb746e0df16cbb192a.jpg

because I'm not sure if Fancy Me on the forum will see this, here's her mare Fancy.

fancy-dressup002web.jpg

Fancy-lunge024web.jpg

Fancy-lunge015web.jpg

those pics were taken by me, the following were taken by her owner...

TriptoFancys102207015.jpg

fancypose.jpg

she's such a sweet girl.
default_yes.gif
In driving training right now too.

Here is my mare Huff's Sierra Mist. I also have 2 mares bred for 08 to a friends grulla stallion, Dusty Lanes Vegas Bet A Buck.

sierra.jpg

sierra07.JPG

Tami, I love your horses they are all so beautiful! Expecially rico too bad you werent closer I would buy him in a heart beat

Here is mine...I *think* he might be a grullo...I posted him on another thread and the general consensus was he is...he does have a very dark dorsal stripe, barring on his legs/shoulders and some on his head (although you can't tell in this picture). The sun was going down....but here he is with a head/neck clip from a week ago:

tater101-25-08.jpg

And prior to the clip (not in the direct sun):

tater410-28-07.jpg

Everyone has beautiful horses!!!

Tracy

Latest posts

Back