LET'S RUN STATS ON NAIL TEST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say how many times on actually predicting whether pregnant or not as the issue rather than predicting the foal's sex correctly or not. I know this year Cassie got a prediction of filly but the mare turned out not to be in foal. No doubt others may have as well.
yes I was very sad
default_sad.png
but I have read since then that using the mares own hair as the thread is more reliable... not sure if any of you girls have found this true... but will definitley use it in the future,...

We had a filly born on Wed. we had done the nail test and it said filly. So yes, nail test accurate so far. We ahve one more to go next month.

Marsha

I just did the test on my mare. The test said girl. I think she is going to foal tonight or even later this afternoon. Her bag is full and sweaty. She is bouncing her bum on the wall. I have her on camera but not on mare stare. I will let everyone know if the test was right.

I don't know what number you are on. But Princess foaled 4/21/2012 the test said girl and it was a boy.

yes I was very sad
default_sad.png
but I have read since then that using the mares own hair as the thread is more reliable... not sure if any of you girls have found this true... but will definitley use it in the future,...
Hi Cassie
default_smile.png
. Guess I will go pull a few hairs today and If there is movement I will pull out my own hair. I am hoping to be watching YOUR girl on mare stare next year while I take a year off from foaling.

We had a filly born on Wed. we had done the nail test and it said filly. So yes, nail test accurate so far. We ahve one more to go next month.

Marsha
Thanks and hooray for you!

Marsha's post adds another yes to make it 13 YES and 10 NO.............

I don't know what number you are on. But Princess foaled 4/21/2012 the test said girl and it was a boy.
Hi Katie. I read your post on another thread that you were expecting your mare to foal last night. Congratulations on your colt. Hope everything is ok there, saw you posted it was a red bag delivery. I am sort of behind in catching up on this thread I started. It has been a rough week...a death of a toddler (beautiful little boy) whose family is so very close to my son's family.

Anyhow, here is where we are with yours reporting:

#25 PRINCESS/KATIEAN/FILLY/NO (colt was foaled)

14 YES (test was correct in predicting sex of foal)

11 NO (test was incorrect in predicting sex of foal)

Keep 'em coming guys. The nail test/ring test although "not accurate" is fun to do and at least we are combining our results this year. It is fun and a neat way to reference each others foalings (in addition to posting those gorgeous babies pictures on the new foal thread). Want to wish everyone good luck with their upcoming foalings now that the season is in full swing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laney tested 'filly' and foaled a filly 4/10/12
default_thumbup.gif

Tested mine last night and says "filly"... sure hope its right. She's due any day.

Latest posts

Back