LET'S RUN STATS ON NAIL TEST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have one more to foal but for the two that have

Rosie/Filly/Yes

Slaney/Colt/Yes

Shimmer is last to foal and ring test say Filly so will find out in the next few wks.
default_thumbup.gif
2 more Yes! The test is now showing 33 yes and 19 no. Sorry I fell behind in checking in but sending you belated congratulations!

default_thumbup.gif
2 more Yes! The test is now showing 33 yes and 19 no. Sorry I fell behind in checking in but sending you belated congratulations!
I have a new one too, I think I posted already, should be on bottom of page 14.

Brandi/ filly/ NO

Gma Mare/ ? / ? Still waiting ............... 344 days now

Starlet/YES/COLT

Seneca4.jpg

Sapphire/No(it said she was "Open")/FILLY!

Glimmer13DaysOld.jpg
Well, that has has to be the prettiest baby from an "open" mare I have ever seen. That other one is also striking!

So we will add both a yes and a no which will bring us up to 36 YES AND 21 NO!

This is very interesting! I tested both my mini mares and my QH mare they aren't due to foal untill spring though so we will see later down the road.

Has anyone ever used the nail test to test if a mare is in foal ....as opposed to open?
From my understanding if the nail does not swing either in a circle ( which would indicate filly ) or back and forth ( which would indicate colt ) then the mare is open.

Blue - Filly - No! Blue had a gorgeous Blue Roan colt on 6/23. My first!

One more to go due at the end of this month.

From my understanding if the nail does not swing either in a circle ( which would indicate filly ) or back and forth ( which would indicate colt ) then the mare is open.
We'll then could be for 2013 we have

3 fillies and 1 colt

the other said filly but she aborted at 3 mos along - so we know at least she was in foal

we usually test but haven't yet just to much $ right now

Back