Let's guess colors...so I can calculate baby colors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my mare before she was with foal. If you click, I think it will get bigger and you can clearly see the roaning over her back, side and hip. She also has ermine marks on 3 of the 4 feet (if that makes any difference) and the tinniest white mark on her forehead that gets lost when her hair grows long. I've also included pis of her dam and sire. Dam is listed as a "brown pinto" but Her sire is listed "silver dapple".

So tell me what colors / markings I should put in the color calculator. I'm bored and WAITING for this mare's baby. When I get the colors for her I'll put it in with my stallion colors avatar and see what we'll get. I'm a bit puzzled about the roaning over her back and hip so I put in HER dam and sire.

Would like to see if the calulator gets it close.

MandyRegistration_left.jpg

dam: Misty May Morn MandyWithHerDame2_800px.jpg

sire : Impressive Lover sire - Impressive_Lover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Id put chestnut / sorrell tobiano sire X bay tobiano dam ( its possible that dam could also carry splash)

21.88% -

Bay Tovero

21.88% -

Bay Tobiano

12.50% -

Chestnut Tovero

12.50% -

Chestnut Tobiano

7.29% -

Bay Splash

7.29% -

Bay

4.17% -

Chestnut Splash

4.17% -

Chestnut

3.13% -

Black Tovero

3.13% -

Black Tobiano

1.04% -

Black Splash

1.04% -

Black

The mare is a bay tobiano with sabino.

Oh, so glad you said that. That was what I was guessing.

I'm not sure if the stallion is hzy for the Silver or not but I'm not liking all the Silver Bay combinations that are coming up. He is Ee and Tt (not hzy for Tobiano).

However, IF I can count on the Agouti from my mare then the odds show Black as an option several ways. Well, I can hope, hope, hope...maybe I'll get a B/W.

Basicly just want a heathy foal at this point and sooner rather than later.

I bet you will soon find out
default_smile.png

when its born and you look at its little face you wont care if its pink with purple spots lol !!!!

Latest posts

Back