Legend Supplement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mel

Reaction score
I have a mare that does not grow much hoof. My farrier said that he had another client who has an Arab who also does not grow much hoof. He said that the client started feeding a supplement to her horse called Legend and now the hooves are growing and are amazing. I would like to consider changing my mare over to this but I have not had any luck finding out much info on this product. Has anyone used this? What has been your experience with it. She is on Omelene 100 and biotin supplement now.

If you have used a good hoof supplement (in case I can't get enough info on this one) for mares with hard slow growing hooves and have had success with it could you pass on the name please.

Mel, I have never heard of the Legend supplement. I am familiar with their line of feed and like it. We have an older Arab who doesn't grow much hoof either and cracks when she does. We use hooflex and DAC Ferriers Formula. It has helped her and a pony immensley.

Ellen

I believe Legend is a type of joint supplement. I don't use Legend but I feed a joint supplement called NuFlex Maximizer which contains glucosomine and/or chondroitin and Hyaluronic Acid. Legend likely has similar ingredients. I use it as a joint supplement for my big horse, but I do notice that the one mini that gets it grows her feet much faster than the others. Maybe that is why!!! She only gets a "pinch" a day (maybe a half teaspoon).

Latest posts

Back