Latest Gallup Poll of Likely Voters Shows.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]McCain 54% / Obama 44%[/SIZE]

According to the Latest Gallup Poll Regarding Likely Voters: The gap between registered voters and likely voters has once again enlarged in the McCain-Palin ticket's favor in this poll. While the Republican ticket leads by 50% to 46% among registered voters, that lead stretches to a 54% to 44% lead among those Gallup sees as most likely to actually turn out and vote.

reference: http://www.gallup.com/poll/110107/Republic...Convention.aspx

july4_7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]It's going to be a exciting 58 days![/SIZE]

Jill, Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. You seem to find the best things to post. Please keep them coming.

Did you watch CNN last night on McCains life and then Obamas life. Interesting but I felt very biased. Made McCain look like he was married to a drug abuser (Cindy was addicted to prescription drugs in 1984) and a lot of bad things he supposedly did and made Obama look like a choir boy. McCain lived a longer life, of course he will have had more things happen. Not too much about the good things he has done in his career. Interesting but biased.

I didn't see the CNN thing! Good thing, or I'd have been up all night wound up!!!

This morning, Fox News is reporting that two far too LEFT Anchors have been suspended as anchors at MSNBC for being too biased. They will still be commentators, but not anchors. I don't know who they are ... I only watch Fox.

Also, Fox reported this morning that The New York Post has officially endorsed McCain. Interesting as previously, they had endorsed Clinton.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09082008/posto...cain_128044.htm

I was happy to see the polls this morning! I wonder if they will increase next week any because of what happened with all of the flags that were thrown in the trash at the democrat convention? That will truely be interesting!

Fran

I was happy to see the polls this morning! I wonder if they will increase next week any because of what happened with all of the flags that were thrown in the trash at the democrat convention? That will truely be interesting!
Fran
I think it's because the more people think and learn, the clearer the best choice is becoming
default_yes.gif

Woah, Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews aren't quiet, unbiased reporters? Stop the presses! I don't watch Chris Matthews much, but I did catch Olbermann a few days ago and I liked him, but he's like the Jon Stewart of serious journalism. Anyone with half a brain would know better than to take him as unbiased.

A report posted three hours ago has the two candidates dead even.

Yeah, looks like every news agency is running their own polls so the results vary with what channel you are listening too. It's all a game to promote who they want. Politics and unbiased just don't go together.

A report posted three hours ago has the two candidates dead even.
For some time previously, Gallup had been reflecting that Obama had a lead (so they don't appear to be biased). I'm happy that now they've got some better news
default_laugh.png

You can follow what the Gallup poll has reflected previously through current date: http://www.gallup.com/poll/election2008.aspx

Note, the Gallup poll of registered voters shows McCain leading 49% to 44%, but when they refine it down to the likely voters, then McCain's lead increases to 54% to 44%.

Very encouraging
default_yes.gif

While I'm not an Obama fan........I am taking the polls with a grain of salt yet......It's still WAY too early to judge.

I'm not surprised by the tack that CNN took between Obama and McCain.........CNN is the ONLY news network I do NOT believe AT ALL......... I'll believe any of the others first.

This morning I was very pleased! I have trust in American people they do the right thing

"If you can't beat'em smear'em" CNN is canceled in my book. Mexico TV throw them out a while ago too

Anita

Fran, I missed the "flags in the trash" what happened?

Here is the story from Fox News... notice that the word "rescued" is in quotes in the headline... as if that is questionable...

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/06/mc...american-flags/

And these observations from a McCain supporter...

Here are the facts that are known to be true.
The DNC had placed approximately 12,000 small American flags and one full size 3×5 American flag in green plastic bags and set them on a loading dock next to a dumpster where they sat for over a week. Then a worker got ready to toss the bags in the dumpster when he opened one.

I am a Republican and I am voting for McCain but for now I give the DNC the benefit of doubt.

This is the end of the facts

Why?

After looking at close to 30 different photos here are some of my observations.

The bags were found on the loading dock where trash is handled.

True many trash bags were filled with American flags that were made from paper and I did see a few that were real cloth. But these bags were not near the other bags in question and this is how you handle paper trash. But why were these bags not thrown out for over a week.

The bags that were next to the dumpster were filled with flags. But these flags were neatly rolled and neatly rubber banded. This is not the actions of some one throwing out something. (Well maybe Monk)

At this point I believe that some one in the DNC screwed up by not completing what he was suppose to do such as pick up the flags.

Placing then on the trash dock next to a dumpster was just plain poor judgement.

Now the aftermath...

Bloggers from both sides have started a rumor and finger pointing. Even the DNC David Harsanyi and Huffington Post Nico Pitney have added their 2 cents calling McCain and the RNC theives for taking the flags. But the RNC ddid not have the flags nor did they know the flags existed until the blogging started.

My belief is some one is trying to create a news story. So let's not play into it and let this one die. There will be no winner on this topic.
Here is a photo of the rolled and banded flags... I tend to agree with the guy above. Not really much of an issue IMO - YMMV - but bloggers and commentators on both sides always make things worse than they are... and try to out-shout each other...

flagsingarbage.jpg

If they were not going to throw the flags away why were they placed beside the dumpster of all places? People can decide for themselves. When I have items that I am going to throw away they go in or beside my trash. Seems simple to me that there is only one conclusion to come to.

Fran

Thank you for "filling me in". I am one who finds the flag to be very important, I guess that comes from how I was brought up. My parents are "flag people", last night my mother called to tell me she saw a beautifully made flag at a store earlier in the day and wanted to let me know in case I was needing another
default_smile.png
. I know some don't really care what happens to the US flag or how it's kept. I am not one of those. The flags in garbage bags near the dumpsters is interesting.

If they were not going to throw the flags away why were they placed beside the dumpster of all places?
Just playing devil's advocate on this story for a moment...

Apparently it was on the loading dock... so maybe someone with a van or truck was supposed to come in to pick them up - and simply screwed up and forgot about them - which was wrong. But if they were meant to be trash they would have been IN the dumpster. Not carefully rolled, banded and wrapped and sealed in the bags. The photo shows the bags after they were opened. That is not how the bags were left on the dock.

I just think this one of those items that the bloggers and talking heads will rage about when there are much more important issues to focus on...

Latest posts

Back