Obama soars ahead of McCain in poll

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowriseMinis

Reaction score
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/world...ll/1331215.aspx

DEMOCRAT Barack Obama has soared 11 points ahead of Republican rival John McCain, taking a double-digit lead in a Newsweek poll amid deep concerns about the economy.

Senator Obama leads by 52 per cent to 41 per cent among registered voters, compared with a Newsweek survey carried out a month ago - before the economic crisis began to bite - in which the two candidates were tied at 46 per cent.

The magazine reported 86 per cent of the 1212 voters polled said they are dissatisfied with how things were going in the United States. The economy was the biggest concern with 48 per cent. When asked which candidate would better handle a number of issues, Senator Obama topped every category except national security and terrorism.

"For context on just how toxic these numbers could be for the Republican Party, consider that in October 2006, weeks before the Democrats swept control of both houses of Congress, only 61 per cent of voters expressed dissatisfaction," Newsweek wrote.

Why pray tell should we be watching what is being reported in Australia.
default_no.gif
default_unsure.png

Well things are never written in stone till the end and there is time left. I think that things may get close again now that McCain stepped up and is trying to put a stop at some of the things being said by those that endorse him about Obama being a muslim, an arab, etc. I am glad that McCain did that. He has my respect for doing this on track and talk about their policies and what they are going to do, specifics. I have to say it's been interesting to say the least, much more interesting than our boring Canadian upcoming election.

Last edited by a moderator:
...maybe because the actual poll is run by Newsweek here in America, and the first one I pulled up just happened to be an Australian report?

Now, Neil, don't you try and inject any actual sensibility. It's a lost cause
default_biggrin.png
I hope that what I've been hearing from some of the experts, that the polls aren't as reflective of what is likely to happen, is true. For the sake of our Nation.

Now, Neil, don't you try and inject any actual sensibility. It's a lost cause
default_biggrin.png
I hope that what I've been hearing from some of the experts, that the polls aren't as reflective of what is likely to happen, is true. For the sake of our Nation.
Here is a link to a poll that probably should have been used:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iYqw59...7AnBBwWDbw34BVA

At least this one says it is out of DC.

Here is a paragraph from this report"

"The magazine said 86 percent of the 1,212 voters polled between Wednesday and Thursday said they are dissatisfied with how things were going in the United States, with only 10 percent saying they were satisfied."

What I find strange is that anyone would report a poll with only 1,212 people reporting out how many million registered voters. When I saw that the poll came out of DC I thought that spread made sense but then when you look at the last paragraph in the report it says"

"Overall the poll gave Obama a seven point lead nationally over McCain, with 46 percent to 39 percent. It has a margin of error of 3.0 points. "

I guess I am left to wonder why the report says 11 points at the beginning of the report and 7 points at the end. I guess I should read the middle but I would rather watch USC beat Arizona State. Well that and I need to put some horses away that I just let out so I can get ready to go to dinner in Fresno. I'll wave at Lowrise as I drive by.
default_saludando.gif

I have no doubt that Obama could be leading but only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find strange is that anyone would report a poll with only 1,212 people reporting out how many million registered voters.
Right on, Neil, just as usual. This also jumps out at me:

"Some 48 percent said their biggest concern was the economy, and asked about which candidate would better handle a number of issues, Obama topped every category over McCain except on national security and terrorism."
National security and terrorism are two HUGE reasons I really hope McCain will be our next President.

What I find strange is that anyone would report a poll with only 1,212 people reporting out how many million registered voters.
Right on, Neil, just as usual. This also jumps out at me:

"Some 48 percent said their biggest concern was the economy, and asked about which candidate would better handle a number of issues, Obama topped every category over McCain except on national security and terrorism."
National security and terrorism are two HUGE reasons I really hope McCain will be our next President.
You know what gets me..people care about the economy so much and let the national security slip..IF terrorists blow the whole country to crap..at least we HAD a good economy
default_unsure.png
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back