Last night this question came up ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Watching CNN last night the question came up and I thought, wow, wouldn't that be something...

Question was - The year is 2012 and Hillary Clinton is running for President against Sarah Palin, how would you vote?".

You know, eventually this could be reality and wouldn't that be an exciting Presidential race.

Now I am not keen on Palin BUT she will have 4 years to mature more at this height of politics and the persona she portrays and her knowledge level I am sure would rise.

Personally I think it would be the MOST interesting race EVER.

We only had one woman running for Prime Minister and she is the leader of the "Green Party". I truly liked this woman, found her EXTREMELY intelligent, more so than most of the male candidates runnin, lol, sorry guys but it's true. I wish she was the leader of the Conservative or Liberals... We need more women in Canada in politics at the higher levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clinton, without question. I hate most of the policies that Palin's presented us this year, and unless she does a political 360 she'll never have my support.

Watching CNN last night the question came up and I thought, wow, wouldn't that be something...
Question was - The year is 2012 and Hillary Clinton is running for President against Sarah Palin, how would you vote?".

You know, eventually this could be reality and wouldn't that be an exciting Presidential race.

Now I am not keen on Palin BUT she will have 4 years to mature more at this height of politics and the persona she portrays and her knowledge level I am sure would rise.

Personally I think it would be the MOST interesting race EVER.

We only had one woman running for Prime Minister and she is the leader of the "Green Party". I truly liked this woman, found her EXTREMELY intelligent, more so than most of the male candidates runnin, lol, sorry guys but it's true. I wish she was the leader of the Conservative or Liberals... We need more women in Canada in politics at the higher levels.
This is an interesting question. I have a topic that I want to post but I have chosen to wait until tomorrow after the election. It falls sort of in this area.

If what the quesioner asks turns out to be a reallity there is little doubt in my mind who I would vote for. As I have said before and will say to my last breath I am a Conservative and will always lean in that direction over the more liberal left who want to give away everthing I have worked so hard for all of these years. And it is not just my money, I'll have very little left by then, but more importantly my liberties and rights which have been whittled away by the liberals.

Of those choices, Palin of course. My opinions fiscally and in the areas of personal responsibility are very Republican.

In my opinion, Clinton will only run in 2012 if Obama is not elected, or does not serve out his term if he is elected.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically you would vote the same way you did this time. If this were happening right now, if it was Clinton vs Palin, based on Palin knowledge at this point of foreign affairs I would be voicing I would be for Clinton. If Palin was more "seasoned" I would openly listen and then decide who I would prefer to see as your President. My only concern about Palin, but it wouldn't affect any other country, is her stand on abortion. Her taking away the rights of women in all cases to me would be a step back for womens rights. I am certainly not for late term abortions, I think those should be banned, but I think abortion in cases of rape or a woman's health being compromised or early abortion, within the first 2 months would be much more sensible than taking away a freedom of choice for women.

I can't imagine what the Presidential race would be like. Women can be pretty darn tough and I think you would find a dirty campaign by both
default_laugh.png

I agree with Jill on this one the only way that matchup could possibly happen would be if Obama did not successfully serve his entire term. In fact if God forbid anything happens to Obama between now and when he is sworn in it would be Biden in the White House. Before the election it could have been Hillary if anything had happened to Obama but now it would be Biden.

So basically you would vote the same way you did this time.
"So basically" I vote Republican and this is because of my opinions on how the majority of the party stands on fiscal and national security matters, and my own feelings about personal responsibility. These political priorities that I hold make it all but a given that I must vote along Republican party lines, because they are not Democratic ideals.

I agree that no matter who were to win it would no doubt be another truly history making election.

I never thought that in my lifetime I would see an African American successfully run for President. Let alone a woman run for VP. To have two women running would be of equal historical value IMO

I never thought that in my lifetime I would see an African American successfully run for President. Let alone a woman run for VP. To have two women running would be of equal historical value IMO
I had just said almost the exact same thing to my kids this morning. I never thought we would see it happen in my lifetime and I was hoping my kids would see it in their lifetime and wow now its here!!!

This part of what's happened does make me feel proud, I just wish it could have been Michael Steele
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back